This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hi,

Since Paul Macdonald is making a sgain dubh for me to match my bronze-hilt dirk, I've decided that I don't need this one. I bought it as separate parts about two years ago and have worn it once when playing harp for a Celtic Festival. I'll have the new one before the next time I'm in a skirt in public, so I'm offering this:

It's a cable damascus blade in a crown stag antler hilt. There's a walnut ferrule there and I added an Irish coin button on the crown because I felt it needed something. I'd wanted a sgain that would be an actual backup weapon and that's what this one is. A little bigger than average and quite sharp after my work on it with the ceramic rods.

Sorry about the pictures - if I could figure out how to turn the flash off on my camera, or if it weren't raining outside they'd be better. But what the hell - you know what cable damascus looks like.

I'm going to start it at $75, plus shipping. If it doesn't sell then I'll either drop the price a bit or decide to keep it until I can give it to the right person.