Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Pictures from the Chicago Token Kai (image heavy) Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeremy Scott Steimel

PostPosted: Sat 18 Sep, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Pictures from the Chicago Token Kai (image heavy)         Reply with quote

Well, my (unfortunately short) trip to this year's Token Kai is over, and, also unfortunately, my digital camera wasn't playing too nice today (not to mention I only had a 16 meg card on me), but I do have some fairly interesting pictures nonetheless. I only had a few hours to stay at the show and spent a lot of the time chatting with Brandon, Jason, and Anthony, so I can't give much info on these pieces since I was moving from table to table fairly quick. The pictures should speak for themselves, though. There are also some pictures on hold for later until a certain lucky new owner gets his hands on his sword first.

There were two full sets of armor at this year's show. Alongside the first set of armor were a few antique Japanese rifles. The kabuto on the second set was very interesting, although the picture is missing the detail that makes it so. Don't mind the bubble wrap. ;-)

This is another picture I definitely wish would've turned out better... an old (but well kept, and very ornate) Meiji Imperial coat. Below it is a picture the gentleman had which shows Okubo Toshimichi wearing a very similar uniform.

Here are a couple shots of a blade by Anthony DiCristafano, polished by Brandon Thell. In person, this is an absolutely beautiful piece.

This pair of nihonto definitely wins "Best Displayed" -- and they're beautiful swords, ta' boot. If anyone wants it, I have the full shot of both views in the original larger, higher-quality shot (could be sized down and used as a wall-paper).

Here's another pair of Nihonto, just because while I love wild and crazy hamons, I'm a sucker for a beautiful, subtle notare.

Dum spiro, spero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jeremy Scott Steimel

PostPosted: Sat 18 Sep, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

(in a reply because I hit the 10-pic limit)

And last, but definitely not least, my spoil -- a tanto by Jason Dingledine which I snagged up. Big Grin Very nice piece, and if you get it in the right light in person, you can already make out the mune-yaki Jason was describing which sold me on the piece. I can't wait to see it polished and mounted up!

Dum spiro, spero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Pictures from the Chicago Token Kai (image heavy)
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic