Weight of Chainmail Hauberk from www.icefalcon.com
Hi Folks,

first I want to wish happy eastern and good luck in finding all the hiden aggs ;-)

And second I have a question about the stainless steel flat riveted chainmail www.icefalcon.com offers.

I am planing in buying a new hauberk (incl. coif and chausses) from them in the near future. Doese anybody know how much these items weight? I couldnt find any indications about the weight issues.

My actual mild steel hauberk weights about 12 kg and I am looking for something similar in stainless steel. Maintenance of mild steel cianmail could be a pain in the a..

Thank you for your help.

Best wishes,
Christian
The stainless is going to be a little heavier than the mild. I want to say my stainless haubergeon was about 16-18 lbs (if I'm remembering right), the coif is pretty darn light, but the chausses are heavy, probably again as much as the haubergeon - the ones Ice sells are fully enclosed stocking-style. I've seen folks have very good success cutting up the chausses to make a laced pair that move very well and save a bit on the weight.

If you need exact numbers, it may take him a day or two (with the holiday and all), but Ice has always been great about answering all my questions. Don't be shy about dropping an email. :)
I'm not sure about the specific one you are referring, but this one I made from stainless is just over 7 lbs, as you can see my 3 yr old wears it comfortably.

Attachment: 87.68 KB
IMG_01222.jpg
5/16 th ID Euro 4-1 12 gauge stainless

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: