Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > The Viceroy is in the house... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Kenneth Enroth

PostPosted: Wed 15 Sep, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: The Viceroy is in the house...         Reply with quote

Today I receieved my Albion Next Gen Viceroy. Let me say this: Everyone who doesn't yet have one, you better get a life right now Laughing Out Loud . Almost nothing has been written about the Viceroy since production started. It arrived totally rust free and well coated with oil. I would recommend European customers to request extra oil on the sword as i did.

Truth to be told, when the pictures of the Finished Viceroy were released I was not sure that I liked the way it turned out. I tought the concept drawing looked better. However when I opened the box all such concerns were laid to rest. It is merely the pictures that give the wrong impression. The sword is incredably sleek and sexy with a lot of detail. It has a great impression of size. It really feels like a master crafted sword from a fairy tale. It inspires a lot of confidence in the wielder, making you feel like Aragorn. Dry handling it is like sitting in a high performance car and gently playing with the throttle. It is not light but it is very responsive and powerful. It feels like it sails through the air when you cut with it. The hexagonal grip is the most comfortable I've held.

I feel like I couldn't have made a better choice. It is definitely worth it's price. I would rather have this one sword than ten or twenty mass produced swords.

I have to go play with it more now...
Einar Drønnesund

PostPosted: Wed 15 Sep, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Pics!!! PICS!!!! Big Grin
Lee O'Hagan

PostPosted: Wed 15 Sep, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats Kenneth,
Glad it got to you ok,
And to add to what Einar said,
Pics,please. Big Grin
Darwin Todd

PostPosted: Thu 16 Sep, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: I got mine too!         Reply with quote

My Viceroy was waiting on me when I got home from work Tuesday. Yesterday I was able to get out and go through some drills. I didn't have time to do any test cutting, though I am dying to and unfortunatly it looks like rain will keep me from doing it today. I will second all of Kenneth's statements though. She definately looks better in person than in the photos, and as for handling, Big Grin lets just say that for a sword that heavy (3lbs 9oz according to my kitchen scale) she is pretty damned manuverable. I took some pics and was trying to get them to work on the test forum without success. I think my file size for the pics is too large. Anyone got any advice on how to reduce a pictures file size?
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Thu 16 Sep, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congradulations!

In my opinion, the Viceroy is one of Albions finest swords yet Big Grin

Everyone I've showed mine to has absolutely loved it.

Enjoy Cool

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu 16 Sep, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was really looking forward to this one getting into production. When I saw the photos of the completed sword it just didn't grab me for some reason. It's strange how these things work. This is one that I'm going to have to handle in person before making a decision. Hopefully Albion will have one on hand next month.
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Kenneth Enroth

PostPosted: Fri 17 Sep, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Viceroy has a very distinct style. It has an imperial, royal look to it. You could say it combines the power and presence of the medieval war swords with the scientific and artistic awakening of the renaissance. It's sister sword the regent feels to me warmer, more natural whereas the Viceroy feels like it emanates hard political power.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > The Viceroy is in the house...
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic