Odin Celtic Dragon
Hey, check out the Celtic Dragon. We took the old Celtic Wolf and swapped in a dragon instead. It has hand carved solid brass fittings, wood core and leather wrapped hexagonal grip, and a 5160H marquenched steel leaf blade. Thanks for viewing! :cool:

Attachment: 137.59 KB
DSCF0001 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 135.73 KB
DSCF0002 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 142.87 KB
DSCF0003 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 138.63 KB
DSCF0004 (Medium).JPG

Looks awesome John. I love that brass you've been using.
Dang.
Hello
For some reason,I`am wanting another sword:-) That sword is a beauty!

Regards
dragon sword
:eek: dam John thats one of the Coolest swords iv seen u make . the long Willow Leaf Blade it truly Amazing :cool:
"""" SILENT KINGS RULE """"
Thanks alot you guys! I really don't have a name for it yet and I don't even know Celtic stuff, if they had Dragons in thier lore, but it was made for a customer who might chime in later. This one has a fantasy look but I can telI you there is nothing but high performance under the hood. I have to do a dragon pommel "Sleepy Hollow" sword type sword. Long as it doesn't look like the Connery dragon in "Dragon Heart" I should be ok. Got some historical broadswords and Gladii going out soon, stay glued:)
That's freakin' awesome. That would be a welcome piece in my collection anytime.

Great work John.
That is an awesome looking sword John. One of these days I have to have you make me a big honking leaf blade. Or a big honking scimitar. Or the list is endless. :(
You sir are a genius. Beautiful work as always.
Very attractive sword, do you have a few statistics about it ? I always enjoy hearing about handling.

The art of the thing is that you make fantasy designs that are functional and plausible and a very creative way to continue the tradition of sword making in the modern age and is a different approach to keeping close to period designs aesthetically but fully respects the design side of it functionally and as high art. :D :cool:
Outstanding work John. I am sure he is one happy customer.
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Very attractive sword, do you have a few statistics about it ? I always enjoy hearing about handling.

The art of the thing is that you make fantasy designs that are functional and plausible and a very creative way to continue the tradition of sword making in the modern age and is a different approach to keeping close to period designs aesthetically but fully respects the design side of it functionally and as high art. :D :cool:
The weight is right at 3lbs. It is 45" total length and has a 4" balance there is tons of distal tapper and it is very sharp all the way to the beginning of riccasso. It is a high performance cutter but a very fast handler, quick recovery, but with enough weight in blade to be a heavy hitter. The leaf shape adds to the ability to deeply penetrate in draw cuts. I has a reenforced thrusting tip. Under the hood is a nice wide stiff tang. Oh yeah, the shape and dragon stuff is just the paint job:) The hand carved solid brass fittings are very tight and it has peened construction. Thanks for asking:)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: