Sources of Armor
G’day guys,

I’m interesting in some quality medieval armor in particular steel breastplates and leather coat of plates, I’ve found a few sites but im hoping to get a good cross section.

I would be grateful for any links you can share for quality makers / sources of armor from any era.

Cheers
Paul
Hey Pual,

If it interests you, I have a Wintertree Crafts Coat of Plates arriving soon. I plan on posting about it once I have it.
T. Arndt wrote:
Hey Pual,

If it interests you, I have a Wintertree Crafts Coat of Plates arriving soon. I plan on posting about it once I have it.

Thanks thats just what I’ve been looking for ;) looking forward to your review. Looks a bit nicer than some of the others I’ve turned up, may i ask what colour you purchased and what you intend to wear underneath?

Cheers - Paul
Try this http://steel-mastery.com/en/brigandine-armour...n-the-back
Here is a link to Hoas who is a local manufacturer on Gotland who as made replicas of 25 of the coats of plates found in the massgraves from the battle of wisby 1361.

http://www.hoashantverk.se/hantverk/hoas_rustningar/index.html
Paul B.G wrote:
T. Arndt wrote:
Hey Pual,

Thanks thats just what I’ve been looking for ;) looking forward to your review. Looks a bit nicer than some of the others I’ve turned up, may i ask what colour you purchased and what you intend to wear underneath?
Cheers - Paul

I went with the red leather.

I purchased a linen gambeson from steel-mastery a few years back, in the short term I will be wearing that. I intend to eventually get a hauberk (one similar to this). So on my torso I will have on (moving from closest to the body outwards):

1. Light linen shirt
2. 14th Century Linen Pourpoint
3. Gambeson
4. Hauberk
5. Coat of plates (could be a breat plate here as well)

My understanding is this accurate for the mid-late 14th century. I imagine I shall be quite warm---

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: