Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Looking for advice on saber customization. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Darrell Engelbrect

PostPosted: Fri 08 Apr, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Looking for advice on saber customization.         Reply with quote

I recently received a saber from a pawn shop. I've had some work done as I know a few craftsmen of a sort. Te first bit is I had the tang bolstered so the sword does not shift in the furniture (a rousing success). The second job I had was to remove the felt red carpet on the scabbard and had it stained and refurnished (another success). My final work is toward the handle, I'm looking to balance the saber but I'm having difficulty, what would be a good way to balance the sword and further more what is a decent balance for a saber. I've had a difficulty finding decent info on the subject.

Regards,
Darrell

"I speak not against masters of defence indeed, they are to be honored, nor against the science, it is noble, and in my opinion to be preferred next to divinity, for as divinity preserves the soul from hell and the devil, so does this noble science defend the body from wounds & slaughter. And moreover, the exercising of weapons puts away aches, griefs, and diseases, it increases strength, and sharpens the wits. It gives a perfect judgement, it expels melancholy, choleric and evil conceits, it keeps a man in breath, perfect health, and long life. It is unto him that has the perfection thereof, a most friendly and comfortable companion when he is alone, having but only his weapon about him. It puts him out of fear, & in the wars and places of most danger, it makes him bold, hardy and valiant."

George Silver - Paradoxes of Defense

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Looking for advice on saber customization.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic