Historical accuracy of GDFB calf boots
Hello,

I was considering getting this pair of GDFB calf boots to hold me over 'till Historic Enterprises starts carrying their ankle boots in my size again.

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...Calf+Boots

They would be for a WOTR billman kit. And while I know most soldiers of that period wore turnshoes there are a few images of them wearing calf boots, so I think I can get away with it.

I was just wondering how historically accurate they are? I really do try to only post weapons/armour related questions here but I didn't know where else to ask this.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
Mid Calf Boots
Hello Robert,

I think those look "ok" to say the least. My personal opinion would be to just save up for what you really want ;) Another $150 and you will get the pair you'll really want ;) :cool:

As far as having something to hold you over till then you could always make your own ;) Im sure after a little searching you can come across someone that has a pattern posted :D
Ok, thanks. :)

I would just buy the pair I really want but they don't currently have it in my size. :\
Toe shape is wrong; sole is wrong; too many modern elements put into this piece. It's a modern interpretation that gives a relatively historical look at "first glance" but that's about it.
Thanks Nathan. I knew something looked "off" about it.
If you are looking for more historically accurate shoes try Dru Shoemaker at http://www.medievalshoes.com/
He in the US and does hand made lasted turn-sole shoes. His prices are not bad for what you get.

Mackenzie
Thanks Mackenzie. That guy has some nice looking shoes. I'll have to think about getting some.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: