Musashi Blades - any opinions?
Hello:

I was wondering if anyone can offer any opinons about a brand of Japanese samurai swords called "Musashi Blades" I found at K.O.A.

I've always wanted a katana, but I certainly can't afford a blade made by a master like Yoshi Yoshihara. Even most of Hanwei's katanas are too expensive for me. To be honest, I don't know how to choose from the gazillion katanas Hanwei and other manufacturers offer.

As a collector (not a user), I am intrigued by Musashi Blade's lower prices - less than $100. I'm sure you could still hurt someone with one of their swords if you had to. I don't plan on any action anytime soon, I just have always thought the katana is one of the best swords ever created.

Sorry to sound cheap. I'd get very high quality swords like Albions if I could.

Thanks!
Musashi is really not that bad of a brand. I have owned a few of their blades, given a few away as gifts. I've never had a problem with their swords. For light cutters, they are an excellent value. I have yet to seriously damage or destroy one, they are fairly sturdy sword, considering their price.

However, keep in mind they are budget cutters. The quality of the fittings is not going to be over the top exceptional, the ray skin grip is made from a simulated material, and some of the fit of the furniture is not quite perfect. The hamon is not well-defined, and the finish is a bit utilitarian. All of this is pretty much aesthetic in nature, nothing regarding the functionality of them as practical blades.

But, what can you expect for swords that are actually safe to cut with for under $100? They are fine in their price range. I have even seen a few customized up quite nicely! :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: