Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Raven Armoury Scimitar Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 
David Spencer

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick Update         Reply with quote

David Spencer wrote:
Kirill R wrote:
Quick Update: I went ahead with the Raven sword, choosing a custom (only slightly modified) version of the Evolution scimitar. Went with all silver, no plating. That was back in April 2011. We agreed on a 1 year payment and then delivery schedule.

Since then, there has been a lot of waiting, promises and hoping.

I am told the blade will finally make it before Christmas this year! Very exciting! I will of course post many pictures and do a review when received.

In Dec 2010 I ordered some swords from Raven Armouries and paid deposits with a completion time of around two years, I am still waiting. I have received emails about every six to eight months explaining the delays, but to be honest I am losing hope of ever seeing these completed.
I was told in march this year that I would have two of the swords I ordered by the end of year, I have not heard back from them since march, so I think it unlikely that they will get here now. I will say that I am very disappointed with their lack of communication and have since stopped buying custom swords from any maker, at this stage my only option as I see it is to wait till the end of the year and if nothing arrives I will cancel my order with the hope of a refund.

Kiril I do hope you receive yours on time and if so could please post it here.

Just adding that it has now been 6 years since I ordered from Raven Armouries and I still have not received what I ordered, I tried to cancel my order only to be told they cannot refund my deposits and I would have to wait for the swords to be completed, so here I am still waiting.
Eric SC

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll follow up with my experience, I ordered in 2010 and received my order in the beginning of this year. I would email him maybe every 6 months to check in or after a missed delivery date and usually got a reply even if I had to resend my email a couple times, usually within a couple of weeks. I had still one major payment that was not completed until my order was ready to ship.

I love what I finally got but it did take 4x longer than it was supposed to.

Good luck with your order and please mention how long it's been.

Eric
David Spencer

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just want to add that I did receive one of the swords I ordered this week so progress is being made, as an apology for the delays they also sent me a set of their children of the hydra sculptors.
Kirill R

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello folks. Happy to hear you've got your swords!

I also received mine back in Jan 2016. My order was made in 2011.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with the final product. It is a gorgeous blade. The workmanship exceeds that of even Albion, I'd say.

Eric and David - are you both as pleased with your swords? Might you share some images? I plan to get some going too...
Eric SC

PostPosted: Tue 02 Apr, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Given the wait times for these swords I suppose it’s only fitting that this thread gets revived every couple of years too! Just saw the request for pictures, so why not?
Here’s what I commissioned, it’s a variant of the dragon head short sword I missed out on and their evolution scimitar with less of a wasp waist to beef it up slightly.

This is Simon’s photo, I haven’t actually taken any photos of it.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Raven Armoury Scimitar
Page 3 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: