This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hi,
As per my other recent posts, I’m trying to raise a bit of money by selling off my higher-end pieces.
This is Albion’s Norman sword, as you can see. This is with Albion’s brown grip, which looks slightly reddish-brown in real-life.

Not much more I can say about this one that hasn’t been said before. It handles like a dream, and is arguably my favourite sword in my collection. It’s a real quality piece, like all Albions. The grip’s seam is almost invisible, as is the peen on the pommel. There are no marks on the blade as it hasn’t been sharpened or used: just hung on the wall for all to see. I will of course oil the whole sword when I send it out to make sure it’s in good condition when it reaches the buyer.

I am including an Albion campaign scabbard with the sword. This is one of Albion’s offerings, specifically designed to fit this blade-type. It’s also in brown, and whilst the fit is a little loose, is a lovely example with a very neat back-stitched seam and U-shaped chape. There are some indentations near the throat from where a suspension system has creased the leather, but it’s nothing too noticeable. This will be provided FREE with the sword, as it’s no use keeping one without the other! :D
I’ve had a look on both Albion’s US site, and Albion Europe, and they seem to be in the process of re-jigging their scabbard offerings. I think I remember these scabbards costing in excess of £200 each, but don’t quote me on that. Either way, a free one is a bargain!

Brand new the sword alone would cost £630 from Albion Europe, plus postage. I’m asking £450 + postage, including the scabbard. Hopefully someone will see it and fancy expanding their collection a bit.

I’m really aiming this at the UK market, as we don’t see enough Albions up for sale over here. However, I would entertain queries from overseas but would need your address to calculate postage costs.

I accept paypal and bank transfer. If you’d like to see more pictures, just PM or e-mail me at a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk

Thanks,

Ant