Help identifying helmet / coif?
Hi guys. I'm a noobie here, and I'm trying to find out about a set of chainmail I've inherited. I've seen plenty of full mail headpieces, and plenty of helmets, but what period / region is this half & half helmet replicating?

Thanks in advance!
Ryan

replicating indian
Hallo,
this is indian or indo-persian in style, still in use in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Re: replicating indian
Jean-Carle Hudon wrote:
Hallo,
this is indian or indo-persian in style, still in use in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Merci pour les infos, mon ami :)
Hors sujet, si tu peux faire en sorte que le temps fasse beau chez vous dans un mois, je serai là pour la première fois, ca sera formidable !
I've seen this type of very crude khula khud attributed to the Sudan. At one point I owned a full set of Sudanese maille, khula khud helmet, maille and plate coat and chassettes. I had heard that the British were actually machine making butted maille sheets and selling it to the Sudanese at the end of the 19th century to make this stuff.
Re: replicating indian
Ryan White wrote:
Merci pour les infos, mon ami :)
Hors sujet, si tu peux faire en sorte que le temps fasse beau chez vous dans un mois, je serai là pour la première fois, ca sera formidable !

Please keep posts in English, per our rules. English, for better or worse, is the language of the greatest number of our posters as well as the language in which our moderators do their necessary work.

Thank you.
helmet
Hi,

my opinion, its a parade helmet from India. not used in battle. The book Oriental arms and armor from Robinson has some information about these helmets. on the other hand, there are numerous books that do.

Nice piece though! Congrats:-)

Sander
Thanks for all the info, everyone!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: