Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Sword of Ehud - WIP Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Wilhelm S.

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just spent about an hour at work looking at your videos and art work. Truly amazing.
Kevin Rolly

PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks, Scott! That was the idea...and will hopefully get the video of it soon. We dedicated the shoot to you...

Wilhelm....Deeply appreciated. Thank you. I may not be able to make swords (yet) but hopefully I can depicted them well. A lot more to go in the series, but I'm making progress.

Though I don't have much to share here, know you all are a great inspiration with a staggering amount of knowledge and skill...

-Kevissimo
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 27 Apr, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great work all around, guys!
-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Ken Speed

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sa'ar said, "]Although I like this project ALOT, I hate to be a killjoy..." He continued that the sword should have been bronze which makes sense.

I really like the blade but if someone handed it to me and asked me " What is this?" I have to say that I'd NEVER guess that it was supposed to be something from the Old Testament. In fact, what it most puts me in mind of is some sort of Arkansas Toothpick/ Civil War era Spear point Bowie. The distressed wood looks something like antler in the photos.

So I'm glad the sword worked for you both and my opinion is inconsequential to the purpose of the object. On the other hand if you ever get the itch to make an Arkansas toothpick it appears you've already done your homework.
Scott Roush
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Ken.... Your comments seem a bit negative to the point of not being constructive?

But.. the idea was that Ehud did a quick forging job with materials at hand.. something to just get the job done. That was the idea behind the sword.

I do agree that bronze would have been more appropriate which is something already mentioned.

http://www.bigrockforge.com
Ken Speed

PostPosted: Sun 29 Apr, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scott replied to my comments about the SOE, ".... Your comments seem a bit negative to the point of not being constructive?

But.. the idea was that Ehud did a quick forging job with materials at hand.. something to just get the job done. That was the idea behind the sword.

I do agree that bronze would have been more appropriate which is something already mentioned."

My comments weren't meant to be all that negative and definitely not destructive. I like the sword very much but it doesn't evoke in my mind what I think you were trying to portray. It may be possible that you ( educated by looking at the real thing) have a better visual concept than I do from looking at a photo. I'm weirding myself out saying this but the blade doesn't look Old Testament to me ( like I'd know what "Old Testament" would look like) . Actually I don't think the sword looks very crudely forged either and while it does have an air of the primitive it's more of a American frontier primitive than an Old Testament one. I think it would make a Hell of a fantasy/ frontier sword/knife.

Maybe if I saw the real thing I'd see something different.
Scott Roush
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 29 Apr, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ken... I should always walk away from the computer before I respond to criticisms. :-) I always over-react. I apologize.

Being so familiar with bowies and toothpicks.. it never occurred to me that it could look like that.. and being familiar with my wood.. it was hard to see antler. But I can see how it might look like that.

This is certainly not a replica by any means...

But.. it was fun. And I've learned a ton since doing that blade.

http://www.bigrockforge.com

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Sword of Ehud - WIP
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: