Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New ATrims in stock, new model and some news Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Tom Kinder

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: New ATrims in stock, new model and some news         Reply with quote

We just got some new swords in stock, still all budget stuff. our Mercenary grade sales have been doing well and we are just about to the point where new grinding equipment is going to be bought which means that soon we will be producing the better polished stuff again. here's a quick list of the new swords we just got in:

XVIII.2 (munition grade due to sloppy grip leather)
2 pounds 2 oz.
overall length: 39.5
blade length: 33
POB: 5.5”
grip 4.25”
The manliest 2 pound sword I have ever met. Easily generates tip speed, great cutter and thruster. Wants good form or can tire you out. this sword is very similar to the old 1510 but has been better optimized for performance, so it is now the XVIII.2
price: $365

XIV.1 (Merc. grade)
2 lbs 1oz
Overall length: 35.75
Blade: 29”
POB: 4”
grip: 4”
lots of power and authority for a small sword but still very quick. Deep fuller, stiff blade, good cutter, and thruster. this is one of my favorite handling swords of all time. I just love how this one feels in the hand. this is a brand new model, the second one ever made and first production blade.
price: $375

XIV.2 (merc grade)
2lbs 1 oz
Overall length: 37
30.5”
POB 4”
Grip 4.25”
Feels nothing at all like the XIV.1. this sword feels much lighter and faster in spite of being the same weight and shorter too. This sword is extremely fast but can run out of power in the heavy cuts. this is an old model that was offered from the Makers Mark line a few years ago.
price: $375

XVIIIb.x (Munition one off)
2 lbs 8 oz
Overall length 44.75”
Blade 35.25”
POB 4.75
A one off of an old discontinued model, I'm not sure what the model number was maybe some one here will recognize it.
price: $405

we are also updating our web site so you will now have more models available for commission.

the AT 1557 is being renamed, mostly because it has been a bit different lately than the original 1557. the tip is now being made as a more historically accurately shaped re-enforced thrusting tip. It will no longer be called the 1557, it will now be called the XVIII.1. any sword that is listed as a 1557 will have the old style cutting tip as opposed to the new thrusting tip.

in addition, we still have:

1 TAC Brutus
The Ugly Duckling 1562
1 XII.3
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Do you know when you will be getting XIX.1's in stock?
Tom Kinder

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gus is running more of them very soon. he will probably make 3 more one of which is already spoken and paid for as a commission.

really the best way to get them is to put in a commission but I don't think it will be more than a month or two before you see some more, maybe sooner.
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wonderful swords Tom!! The prices are almost irresistible too. I was wondering if the XIV.1 is peened or takedown?
Winter is coming
Tom Kinder

PostPosted: Wed 02 Mar, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

right now all of our swords are hex-nut take-down assembled.

in a few months, once we get ourselves sorted out, we plan on offering a permanent-peened assembly. that will cost a little more though, but not all that much. I think it will be in the area of an extra $50 but we haven't got that all worked out yet.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New ATrims in stock, new model and some news
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic