Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Nick Johnson/Knives by Nick Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Sun 20 Mar, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bridget C wrote:
We collected the most magnificent Langsax late on Friday evening - just as the courier was shutting up shop (we were out when they attempted delivery)

All I can say is it was worth every second of the wait, it is truly a beautiful, one of a kind item from the sheath to the blade. The only fault I can make is the lack of contact from Nick, his skills and quality of workmanship cannot be faulted in any way.

It's always an honourable thing to balance the bad with the good to be fair to the maker. Wink Cool

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
A. Heidalen Skog

PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It bothers me a bit that you have your item, while I am still waiting for mine, after all, I sent the order before you, hehe.
Paul Moxon

PostPosted: Sat 09 Apr, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Scramasax         Reply with quote

My Scramasax arrived today. Very pleased with it, it was well worth the wait. I would consider ordering from Nick in the future, just would plan well in advance. The workmanship is faultless, and so it off sets the wait time.
Roger Graham

PostPosted: Mon 30 May, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: re: non delivery         Reply with quote

Hello. My experience with Nick Johnson of Knives by Nick is similar to those posted here. I paid for a Seax (in full) over four months ago, with communication ceasing completely @6 weeks ago. I encourage hesitation when placing an order, particularly if you live overseas.
Philip Melhop

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jun, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am still waiting for my axe. I email every week now but keep getting excuse after excuse. I will let it go a week or two more then lean on him hard
Philip Melhop

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jun, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Guys
just for closure, my axe arrived this morning by courier. I am more than happy with the product but I doubt that I would bother ordering again. I had to lean on the maker a bit which I don't like having to do. My guess is that "Nick" is a talented craftsman but a rubbish businessman.
Buyer beware
Roger Graham

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: re: Knives by Nick Seax-arrived in early August         Reply with quote

Hello. I received the seax as ordered a few weeks ago. It was a stunning piece or work and I can recommend the craftsman-just be prepared to wait, it would appear.
A. Heidalen Skog

PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Haven't gotten a reply from him in months, and I ordered the items a year ago now.
Philip Melhop

PostPosted: Sun 21 Aug, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Time to threaten him I guess, sadly Surprised . Demand your money back, mention legal action etc, its very poor when it comes down to this. I wouldn't buy again Mad
Phil
Craig Vanes

PostPosted: Mon 29 Aug, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Hook Swords         Reply with quote

Hi.

I'm having exactly the same problem. Chinese hook-swords ordered in March 2011. Since then it's been ignored emails until I got nasty, and afterwards ignorance again. It's now six months for an order that was quoted as six weeks, although I was informed he had sustained an 'eye injury' (possibly to go with the other catalogue of injuries and excuses this guy keeps churning out). I have now demanded my money back or legal action. Avoid like the plague!!!
Philip Melhop

PostPosted: Mon 29 Aug, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Craig
sorry to hear that, he gave me the whole"eye injury" thing too. I' afraid you are going to have to lean on him hard Mad
Such a shame as he actually does very good work.
Does he even know about this thread(or care)
Phil
Craig Vanes

PostPosted: Tue 20 Sep, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello again.

Yes Nick is aware of this forum, since I told him about it in my first irate Email. As to whether he cares.. probably not. I'm still being ignored by this guy and I still have no idea where my money or more importantly, my Hook-swords are. If he was just honest and said from the beginning he was snowed under with work, then I could have accepted it, but this is just ridiculous now. I have just sent another very nasty demanding email, and if I haven't heard anything within the week, I'll go to the citizen's advice bureau for advice, since to be honest, I'm not used to dealing with this kind of business practice. The images he placed on his site were amazing and I was initially over the moon. Now I'm just disgusted.

I would like to ask, If any of you out there can suggest a reputable black-smith, or company than CAN manufacture me some quality Hook-Swords like the ones I was supposed to have received months and months ago, then I would be most grateful. I have seen very few places that advertise them in the UK, and obviously importing would be a sheer nightmare of imposibility right? Any advice on this... or how to get my money back from you-know-who would be greatly welcome.

Thanks,
A. Heidalen Skog

PostPosted: Sat 22 Oct, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Tried contacting him several times. No reply...

Over 12 months for something that was quoted to take 6-8 weeks is pretty bad. He was eager to respond while I was making the order, after that, not so much.
Philip Melhop

PostPosted: Sun 23 Oct, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

sorry to hear this is still ongoing.
Phil
A. Heidalen Skog

PostPosted: Fri 25 Nov, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Made a PayPal dispute. Not much they can do, but maybe he will finally answer, make a refund or make the damned saxes?
William P

PostPosted: Fri 25 Nov, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

i have to say... i like his stuff, but considering hes A overseas, and B akll this talk of him being quite rubbish with his timing of orders and being hard to reach really makes me think twice about ordering from him at all in future
which uis a saerious shame since his stuff is so good.
Mark Goble

PostPosted: Wed 07 May, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks like I may have a long wait ahead, going by this thread.
I ordered a seax kit at the end of March, after being quoted 2 weeks. Communication was very good, right up until I had paid. Then nothing at all.
It has only been 6 weeks, and I wouldn't even mind the delay if there was some communication and my emails were being answered. I have no problem if he has a backlog and is working to catch up, but after being quoted 2 weeks and having payed in full, I would quite like to know what is happening and whether I will eventually get my item.
I just hope it eventually turns up and is worth the wait!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Nick Johnson/Knives by Nick
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: