Gothic German Knight
Dear All,

Congratulation for this very well managed and amazingly dense website I discover today.

I just found this life-size stone Gothic Knight.

My knowledge in armours and swords is really low, so maybe someone could help me to try to place where it could come from, both in time and area.

I'm thinking to south germany around 1470-1500 but I'm maybe wrong or we could be much more precise.

A comparison with some antiques elements in museums or elsewhere would be great.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Benjamin

P.S.: Sorry, there was certainly a precise topic for this kind of questions..........
I'm really tired at the moment so I'm not going to go searching for examples... But if you want to find Gothic armor and get a good grasp on what style of components typically date to which era, I'd suggest browsing the many museum photograph collections posted by THoog on Flickr. Here's his page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thoog/collections/72157600297115550/

Welcome to myArmoury!

-Gregory
Mr. Gregory
Thanks for the link. This is great.
Can I steal some pictures? :)
I think your observations are correct. I'd say it's consistent with Germany or Austria, 1475-1500. That appears to be a "writhen" pommel on the sword, which helps the dating and culture.
there was a wonderfultopic here some time ago, i`m sure you`ll find plenty of examples herein.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: