New Odin just arrived
I submitted a post on another thread about the process of ordering custom swords and the trust relationship that is critically important between the commissioner of the piece and the artist creating it. I wanted to share how well this relationship can work sometimes. About a year ago, I ordered a sword from John Lundemo and I had a fairly specific design in mind. Somewhere along the line, John gave me a call and we chatted about the project, at which time he talked me out of what I had originally wanted and we brainstormed a different concept. It was a very free flow discussion with each of us bouncing ideas back and forth. after about 10-minutes, the ideas gelled together and a couple of basic principles settled out. We decided on a broadsword with a downturned guard and a fishtail pommel. That's about the end of the details. Next I turned John loose and he built the most beautiful sword for me that just showed up today! What I love about doing things this way is I get a totally unique creative design that the artist had in his heart. This kind of commission would only work with complete trust between parties. I love it John! You really did great on this one! Here are a couple of pics and basic stats:

Weight: Just shy of 2.5 lbs
Blade length: 31-inches
Blade width at base: 2 1/4-inches
Blade width at 1-inch from tip: 1-inch
total length: 38-inches
POB: ? but it's sweet!

Now that there is a beauty, congrats!
Beautiful sword, I love it. Do you know if the crosses are stamped or etched (not that it matters, they are beautiful either way, but I am curious)? I think this has to be one of my favorite pieces I've seen from Odinblades thus far.
The crosses are etched. I now have four Odins in my collection and John is currently making a blade for an acid etched basket hilt from Armour Class for me. I really like this one...but then I really like all if them!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: