A&A Limited Edition New Item
With the popularity of the axe in recent months we decided to add a version we like to our Limited Edition Items. This type L axe is very light and fast. The haft is hand shaped and made from hickory or ash. The head is 1050 steel, hand forged, and it is hardened and sharp unless requested otherwise.
[ Linked Image ]

We have several ready to ship and will be making more for a limited time. Not sure how long at this point. With the ways of the shop, economy and weather this winter has been rough on schedules :)

If you would like an axe, drop us a note aa@armor.com or give us a call 800 745 7345 and we will have one off to you right away.

Best
A&A
Well, I bought the custom one a while back and it's really special in that it has changed my idea about how a fighting axe can handle when it's weight is consistent with quick one handed use i.e. fast and manoeuvrable with a very sharp edge that one has other options than just chopping like slashing and close quarter draw cuts plus a top horn that can stab and a bottom horn that can grab.

In other words not a working axe pressed into service as a weapon but a dedicated weapon: Not my first choice to cut down a tree but could out-time and out-fight a more cumbersome working axe of the same size but much heavier.

Anyway giving it a little " plug " and saying that this is a really worthwhile one handed fighting axe. ;) :D :cool:
I thought I recognized that axe. :) I'm glad Arms & Armor had enough demand to make a limited edition run of these axes. Jean's custom axe and thoughts can be seen in this thread:

December at A&A :-)

Well done! :cool:
I have one on the way now...
Received my axe today - very nice quality. It's probably 50% larger than my tomahawks, but much more agile & well balanced.

Now, I'll have to save-up and get a Type B to go with it.
Got mine yesterday! This axe if fantastic in it's weight an balance. I held it hand and have to say that is almost as light as a tomahawk in its feel in the hand. Beautiful work from the AA gang. I highly recommend this piece to anyone who is looking for a good historical axe!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: