Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > What about Last Legend swords? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Sat 11 Sep, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: What about Last Legend swords?         Reply with quote

I was looking at buying one of their Anjour swords at one time, but now they just seem to be in limbo. I figure the line is retired, but the website has been advertising 'new swords from the medieval realm on the way' for months now. Anyone have an idea what's going on with them? I had heard they were all a bit blade heavy, but very well built 'beaters'....anyone have an example of their work? MCM
Kenneth Enroth

PostPosted: Sat 11 Sep, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I almost bought a Skofnung battle sword last fall. That one was eight pounds or so. Looked like a viking styled XIIIa. It was built to withstand whacking on things like telephone poles. They are made in the Philippines. They look tight and well built but designed by people ignorant of european swords.

Even last fall the current euro line was retired. If they still aren't sold out they may think twice about new offerings. Customers are better educated now I think and they want real swords.

I used to have some close up pictures of the Skofnung sword. The finish looked flawless and the fit between the parts were exact. It was pictures taken by the seller.

I still wouldn't mind the Skofnung battle dagger or the raiding sax.

Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Sun 12 Sep, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just found the Anjour sword to be very appealing.....heavy, yes.....but it would look right with Viking or Highland dress. I was mainly wondering if the company was still even in business. I emailed them and never got a response. I still see their Katanas for sale here and there, but otherwise no word on them. I really liked that Anjour, but I may just wait for the Albion Squires. I'd most likely be better off, huh? MCM.
Kenneth Enroth

PostPosted: Sun 12 Sep, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If you want a sword for a costume then the Anjour sword might be just fine. When I wrote that people want real swords I meant from a collectors standpoint.

Last Legend katanas were the big thing some time ago. The buzz seems to have died down but you can still see a thread or two about them so I guess the company is still in business. Maybe if they don't have the Anjour sword in stock they don't bother to answer emails about them.

There is still this line called generation 2 that seems to be designed similarly to Last Legend.
Scott H.

PostPosted: Mon 13 Sep, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: last legend         Reply with quote

I bought a Last Legend Tsunami Katana in June, so they're at least around until then. I saw the euro swords for sale at that time as well so I assume they were also available. As for the quality of the katana, I am very pleased. I haven't done any real cutting with it yet but it sure is a nice sword for the price!

Good luck in your search!

Scott
Ryan Harger

PostPosted: Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As far as I know, they're still in business. It will probably be a while before any new Euro lines are out, and the old ones are long sold out. But to get a more accurate answer, you could try http://whiteherondojo.net/forum/index.php and check out the Last Legend Q & A forum.
Please support the Chrono Trigger Novel Project at http://www.chronotrigger.info
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Matt Shields

PostPosted: Wed 15 Sep, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I regret to say that I own their "Ranger Battle Sword." I bought it when I knew almost nothing about weapons. It is the biggest piece of crap imagineable.

Putting it through the "Flex Test" permanently bent it.
If you hold it up to a dim light you can see about 20 fold lines going up the blade.
The fullers are different sizes on each side.
The thing ways four and a half pounds and is not large for a longsword.
The grip is made of a wood notorious for cracking in sunlight (alot of people had complaints about this on the SwordFourm.)
The cross guard is just plain bad.
It arrived with petroleum jelly under the ricasso.
The blade itself is crooked.
The metallic ingroove in the grip is perfect for rusting.
The scabbard is half an inch thick on each side and weighs about 3 pounds. The scabbard doesn't suspend properly at all. It either goes straight down or goes forward and the sword falls out.

I have a deep hatred for Last Legend and I hope no one else has the misfortune of purchasing their pitiful excuses for swords. And I'm not the only one, search for it at the Sword Forum.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > What about Last Legend swords?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic