question
i want a good training sword and i only have a 100 dollars rite now and i was wondering if this is a good training sword -
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...+Longsword
As far as I know it's a very good sword for that price. I intended to buy one last year and asked the same question. Here's my old thread, with links to reviews. The only reason I didn't buy one was because someone offered me a very nice second-hand Pavel Moc sword.
Sander Marechal wrote:
As far as I know it's a very good sword for that price. I intended to buy one last year and asked the same question. Here's my old thread, with links to reviews. The only reason I didn't buy one was because someone offered me a very nice second-hand Pavel Moc sword.

Okay thanks i will buy it then.
Sander Marechal wrote:

i was also wondering how much money did your Pavel Moc sword cost?
I have the Tinker Pearce Longsword, blunt and sharp, and I would say it is a fine sword. It is light, well balanced, etc.

However, I must point that my other swords are all Windlass and Hanwei, not high-quality items. Naturally the longsword looks good when so compared. On the other hand, many reviews are out there and they are generally positive.

A few negative points I've run into:

1. I don't care for the pommel. Looks plain and not very historical in my opinion. That's not a big deal though, it's a training sword.

2. The chape or mouth of the scabbard was badly designed, and without modification it will scrape the blade when drawing and sheathing the sword. At present my chape is laying on the TV stand, half finished. Time will tell whether I will fix it and replace it.

3. The leather or whatever it is that was put on the grip is only lightly glued down. A friend of mine was using it and it started to come off. He was concerned but I told it wasn't anything a bit of superglue couldn't fix. (I think he may have been holding it with a death grip or something. We were doing some slow drills, not swinging them around wildly.) This is consistent with something I read online where a couple of these swords were used for some event and the grips began to come off.

All and all though, I'd say it is worth it. Compared to it my other blunt, the Hanwei Practical Bastard Sword, handles like a club. (I'm still rather fond of my club though. ;) )

Edited for grammar & spelling.
Great sword at that price. I have two, and may buy more while they are on sale.
Colt Reeves wrote:
I have the Tinker Pearce Longsword, blunt and sharp, and I would say it is a fine sword. It is light, well balanced, etc.

However, I must point that my other swords are all Windlass and Hanwei, not high-quality items. Naturally the longsword looks good when so compared. On the other hand, many reviews are out there and they are generally positive.

A few negative points I've run into:

1. I don't care for the pommel. Looks plain and not very historical in my opinion. That's not a big deal though, it's a training sword.

2. The chape or mouth of the scabbard was badly designed, and without modification it will scrape the blade when drawing and sheathing the sword. At present my chape is laying on the TV stand, half finished. Time will tell whether I will fix it and replace it.

3. The leather or whatever it is that was put on the grip is only lightly glued down. A friend of mine was using it and it started to come off. He was concerned but I told it wasn't anything a bit of superglue couldn't fix. (I think he may have been holding it with a death grip or something. We were doing some slow drills, not swinging them around wildly.) This is consistent with something I read online where a couple of these swords were used for some event and the grips began to come off.

All and all though, I'd say it is worth it. Compared to it my other blunt, the Hanwei Practical Bastard Sword, handles like a club. (I'm still rather fond of my club though. ;) )

Edited for grammar & spelling.

Okay thank you i think im going to go buy it today or tomorrow

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: