Customized Archer's Falchion
Here is our latest falchion in a long line this year. This model is a fully upgraded production piece. The overall shape and design goes with our production model, however I added a few details.

Custom Archer's Falchion with 22" blade is 29 1/4" Overall.
Blade is satin polished with a polished fuller.
Features a custom ground clamshell hilt.
8 sided hand faceted egg pommel.
Hickory handle with bronze ring "Vel Arte Vel Marte" (By Art or By Force)
POB is 2 1/4" from hilt.
The only thing cast on this piece is the bronze ring and that was done in house.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

More info and a lot more pictures here : http://baltimoreknife.com/archersfalchion.htm

Comments always welcome!

Last edited by Matthew Stagmer on Tue 01 Feb, 2011 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Whoa, I really dig that. Both the blade shape and the hilt furniture. The wooden grip goes well with the satin finish too, it seems!
I do believe this is my favorite piece you have ever produced! I love it. The ring with the inscription is a nice little detail. The pommel... The guard... This one is lovely. Great work!
Customized Archer's Falchion
Hi Matthew,
Nice looking piece. If you don't mind can you provide the overall weight and maybe a bit more description of the blade profile?
Looks cool Matt. I like the ring as well its a nice addition that really makes the whole thing look special.
S. Christiansen wrote:
Whoa, I really dig that. Both the blade shape and the hilt furniture. The wooden grip goes well with the satin finish too, it seems!

Yea, I am getting into the satin look of steel. Fully polishing then bring the polish back with a hand scrub. Get used to more wooden grips from me. A few swords a week is my goal.

Ryan A. Currier wrote:
I do believe this is my favorite piece you have ever produced! I love it. The ring with the inscription is a nice little detail. The pommel... The guard... This one is lovely. Great work!

Thanks. We have a full line of those moto rings mostly taken from heraldry. They make great handle fitting.

J. Wilby wrote:
Hi Matthew,
Nice looking piece. If you don't mind can you provide the overall weight and maybe a bit more description of the blade profile?

Sure, I can get more specs for you. I am at home and dont have it on me but I will do that or get Kerry to.

Bryan W. wrote:
Looks cool Matt. I like the ring as well its a nice addition that really makes the whole thing look special.

Thanks Bryan. We have so many molds of things we often forget to cast the little things. In the winter our casting gets more or less shut down. As things thawl we will get on casting some more fittings for new lines to come...More on that another time :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: