2011 Western Martial Arts Workshop!
Yes, it is an odd number year, and that means the return of the Western Martial Arts Workshop.

On September 15 - 18, 2011, approximately 200 sword-swinging, knife-throwing, wrasslin' and armour-wearing lovers of the Western Martial Arts will again invade the quiet, halcyon DeKoeven Center in Racine, Wisconsin, for what is shaping up to be our most diverse, and full, event program yet! From Esgrima Comune to the diet and training of the Roman gladiators, medieval martial arts to Victorian antagonistics, students will have a chance to either sample the entire scope of what we mean by "WMA", or dive deeply into any number of topics.

We are in the process of putting together the instructor and class roster, so right now there isn't much to see at www.wmaw.us . *But*, take note of the dates: September 15 - 18, 2011, and sign up for updates, because registration, especially for on-site housing, tends to fill *fast*.

Looking forward to seeing old faces and making new friends!

Nicole, Greg, John, Jacques, Jim and Ophelia
Planning Committee - Western Martial Arts Workshop 2011

Last edited by Greg Mele on Mon 24 Jan, 2011 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Hi Greg,

You're not kidding about " so right now there isn't much to see at www.wmaw.us" as" Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)" is what I get when I click the link.

;)

Last edited by David Teague on Mon 24 Jan, 2011 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Dave,

The link is including a period at the end, that shouldn't be there!

;)
Greg Mele wrote:
Dave,

The link is including a period at the end, that shouldn't be there!

;)

I see you did a quick edit.

Link now works... :)
wmaw.us is still pointing me to wmaw.us/2009/

"we're so historical even our events are in the past!"
:lol:
Like I said, there isn't much there yet. ;)
I'm lucky im within driving distance of this, just hope I can afford the registration fee. :p :)
Hey Greg,

Its been a long time (2002 I think) but I'm going to try and swing it (no pun intended :)

One question. I was looking at the 2009 site, and I didn't see a tournament on the schedule. Has that fallen by the wayside?

Have fun!
Cole
Cole,

Hey stranger! It would be good to see you.

Last time we had an informal armoured Deed of Arms, and there will be one again this year, along with a variety of other fencing opportunities. Stay tuned for details!

Greg
Howdy to you too!

That sounds great to me, now I need to sell Suzy, who is initially resistant as at the time we will have a new 3 month old on our hands on top of the three year old ;)

Cole

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: