A new but curiously rare book on Graz wheellcik collection
Months agoI bought a massive book on Graz collection of wheellock guns titiled
Landeszeughaus Graz, Austria, Radschlosssammlung/Wheellock Collection ,
978-0-9795532-0-2
Landesmuseum Joanneum 2007
730 pages
22.0 cm x 30.5 cm x 5.0 cm
in a relatively cheap price
It's quite an detailed catalogue with colour photographs and basic typology study
inner pages below:

but curiously, although this book was published in 2007, I can't find it on any internet bookstores trying to find some reviews
So anyone has any idea about this book?

Attachment: 32.7 KB
untitled.JPG

Attachment: 29.44 KB
page.JPG

Last edited by Mrak E.Smith on Wed 19 Jan, 2011 6:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Whoa. I've never seen that either.

After a few minutes of research using my super-secret methodologies from ancient worlds, I've determined there are two ISBN numbers for the title:

American: 0979553202
European: 9780979553202

Like you, I could not find either online for sale.
Yap it's curious. I myself bought it in a local bargin second-hand bookstore without dustjacket and some minor flaws caused by storing damage.
After brought it home I found it a hugh and comprehensive work on early modern wheellock firearms in Graz collecion.

contents including:
forwards and two short articles about history of Landeszeughaus

Catalog part is devided into following parts:
1 Introduction and glossary
2 Early wheellocks 1510-1550
3 Decorated military wheellock pistols 1566-1600
4 Transition period 1600-1630,from costly puffers to plain military pistols
5 Military wheellock long guns
6 Undecorated military wheellock pistols 1620-1700
7 Wheellock accessories
8 Civilian wheellocks in the landeszeughaus
9 Basic wheellock designs which carried over into flintlock pistols by virtue of a change in the lock

Last edited by Mrak E.Smith on Wed 19 Jan, 2011 6:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Mrak E.Smith wrote:
I myself bought it in a local bargin second-hand bookstore...

Congratulations on a very nice find. Your post has reminded me that I haven't been to my favorite (independent) used book store in quite some time. These are the type of places that can produce some great finds every now and then.
My super-DOUBLE-secret ancient methodologies find it here with some nice (and incredibly cheap!) other pubs:

http://www.museum-joanneum.at/en/styrian_armo...ications-1

:D

Shipping on the big books will kill you, unfortunately, but if you add the 1 Euro titles and love wheellocks, you can hardly go wrong.
Sean, thank you and your super secret methodology! It;s a kind of little joy seeing the price there 'cause I bought the title in a little more than $50 and without any shipping cost :p and its a massive heavy book
But I'm still very interested in the bargin price books I searched and understanding all of them are some 60-100 pages books, but are the pics good? are they colour photos or B/W ?
Gratitutes for helping me to strive to establish my little library on arms and armour~
I have Imperial Austria and Harnisch und Helm. I'd be happy to have Schwert und Spiess, especially for 1 Euro. Check Amazon before buying Imperial Austria from a non-U.S. vendor because the title was created specifically for an exhibit touring in the English-speaking world. You can probably find a copy in the U.S. The 1 Euro books will be harder to find here.
Sean Flynt wrote:
I have Imperial Austria and Harnisch und Helm. I'd be happy to have Schwert und Spiess, especially for 1 Euro. Check Amazon before buying Imperial Austria from a non-U.S. vendor because the title was created specifically for an exhibit touring in the English-speaking world. You can probably find a copy in the U.S. The 1 Euro books will be harder to find here.

Great! I'll start to raise some money for recent interesting books!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: