The Year
Man was it tough....okay frankly it sorta sucked, but in such conditions especially if one has a somewhat cynical bent as we have been known to have from time to time around the shoppe, one can quickly forget how people can be and what they can do when others are down. This less than spectacular year has its redemption in poking us here in the shoppe in the ribs with the sharp stick of reminder that people have this capacity, as they have done for us this particular 365 turn of days when the chips were down for us. For that, both the helping hand and the reminder that came with it, we will be ever greatfull. Where will things be at the end of another turn of 365 days? If things stay as they are for us all, perhaps very different, I suspect it will be so, but regarless of where the worm turns in whats to comes it has been and immense pleasure to have the opportunity of having been of service. We'll continue as long as we can to do the only thing we can come up with to try and help out both fellow makers and clients by spending with one, and giving away buying power to the other. Hopefully this helps out both in some way. Thanks for reminding us of what people can be like and may this new year be a better one for us all.
Happy New Year, Allan, and best wishes to all for a revitalized market for arms and armor.
Sean Flynt wrote:
Happy New Year, Allan, and best wishes to all for a revitalized market for arms and armor.

Yup and a better economy for everyone would be a good thing: Growth has to be based on real productivity, eventually, living on borrowed money doesn't work for individuals and doesn't work for Government either except as a short term fix.

Growth based debts that can never be repaid is just a house of cards waiting for a small breeze ..... LOL.

Well, that was depressing. :( On the plus side the tide is turning and Worldwide people and Governments are starting to realize that they have to live within their means but the transition will be slow and painful at times.

As they say when you realize you are at the bottom of a hole " First stop digging it deeper ". ;)

Well got side tracked getting into general issues but back to this Topic: My best wishes to Allan for a better year and getting out of the hole. ( Well there should be a good luck and best wishes emoticon. ;) ).
Happy New Year, Allan. I sent you a PM on ModernChiv. Let me know when you have a chance to respond. Hopefully I can line your pockets some this year. :)
James, I always miss when messages come through the forum, hotmail always sends the notification to the junk folder. I'll try and get over to it today. With the car in the dock with the progressively growing braeks job bill to pass inspection i'm having to use one of my part time guys as abasicallya chauffer which is causeing a bit of chaos in getting thing done in a somehwat normal fashion.
Allan Senefelder wrote:
James, I always miss when messages come through the forum, hotmail always sends the notification to the junk folder. I'll try and get over to it today. With the car in the dock with the progressively growing braeks job bill to pass inspection i'm having to use one of my part time guys as abasicallya chauffer which is causeing a bit of chaos in getting thing done in a somehwat normal fashion.

Sent you a facebook message with some info on how to stop them from always going to spam. Also, I turn a wrench for fun in my spare time, so if you think you're getting screwed on the brakes bill, let me know what they're saying and I'll let you know if it sounds odd. I've done full brake jobs before, including replacing lines, replacing calipers, rotors, pads, and so on.

Back on topic - bump for a better 2011 than the first few days have been. :)
I basically ordered arms and legs from Allan on a whim after seeing some of his work owned by a reenactor here in Norway. Looked very authentic. About the same time I bought a gorget and shoulders made by Milan Marek (bestarmour.com) and was impressed by the quality in his work. And this week I recieved Allans demi gauntlets bought off a forum member (thanks Darrin for a sweet deal) and if those gauntlets are representative for Allans build quality I'm one happy Norwegian! All respect to the Czech armorer but Allan kicked arse on his build quality by a long shot in my opinion. As for price, I'm paying almost 100 USD for shipping but after all is considered that is still a better deal than anything I could find in Europe after quality / price ratio is calculated.
My conclusion is that if you need armour, buy it from Allan if you can.
Its quite nice to see you help others and other helped you Allan.
You dont see that much in the buisness/sport world. And it also opens up the other people you helped to do the same. I seen a few places out there doing the same thing as you, Buy our stuff get a gift certificate of item from (insert company) or item from other places.
I know sometimes buisness being slow puts a damper and burden on anyone. Sometimes you just gotta keep on keeping on.
But thanks for everything youve done for me and to the count less others

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: