Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Tods Stuff site updates Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Leo Todeschini
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(3 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 10 Jan, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Tods Stuff site updates         Reply with quote

Hi All,

Well it was time for a major update and there are still some Tods Stuff gallery pictures to go up and one or two minor alterations, but the bulk of the changes are here.

Tods Stuff additions
'Recent commissions' page on the home page.
Two recent firsts for me, a Gladius and a Cinquedea on the swords page

Most significantly I have drastically changed the scabbards pages. This now incorporates dedicated pages and pricing for Albion Swords, showing a number of different scabbards I have made. I have a number of Albion Swords here and can make well fitting scabbards for matching models without the need to send me your swords.

To The crossbows pages I have also added a yew self bow and a 14thC war bow with goats foot.

The English Cutler additions
'New Items' page showing what has been added since the last site update.
This includes a Bec De Corbin, linstock, bollock pouch, folding knife and a cutthroat razor
There is also a 'Scriveners set', consisting of inkwell, leather case, bronze pen, penknife and silver point pencil.

Tods Foundry additions
There are a number of additional pieces across the range, that include purse bars, the elusive 'hole reinforcers' for belts, linstock heads and coming soon a range of buttons.

I hope you like the changes and that you will find something of interest here- come and have a browse through the new pages. www.todsstuff.co.uk

Regards

Tod

www.todsworkshop.com
www.todcutler.com
www.instagram.com/todsworkshop
https://www.facebook.com/TodsWorkshop
www.youtube.com/user/todsstuff1
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Mon 10 Jan, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Tods Stuff site updates         Reply with quote

Leo Todeschini wrote:

Most significantly I have drastically changed the scabbards pages. This now incorporates dedicated pages and pricing for Albion Swords, showing a number of different scabbards I have made. I have a number of Albion Swords here and can make well fitting scabbards for matching models without the need to send me your swords.

Now that is interesting and probably good for Albion as well as I hate buying swords without at least a storage or plain campaign scabbard I can get at the same time or at least an easy source for a scabbard.

Albion does make their own scabbards but it's more a custom addition and wait times seemed long last time I heard mention of it.

Makers should really realize that not furnishing some sort of scabbard may lose them sales at times ! I really don't like having no scabbard for a sharp blade.

For a Del Tin not having a scabbard is not a problem unless one decides to sharpen the sword as they are normally not sharpened. ( Mentioning this for those who might be new to this as I assume that you and most longtime collecters already are aware of this ).

Any other brands of sword you can make " swordless " scabbards for ?

Will have a fresh look at your web site later.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I love seeing the scabbards there. Seeing them as a group reveals quite a bit of variety. This stuff makes me want to go the route of putting together a whole "kit" and not just collect the various weaponry and whatnot that I do. It's been years since I've done that.

In the recent items, the Cinquedea if of course top-notch, but I wanted to comment on the small seax with the scabbard and say how attractive it is.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Tods Stuff site updates
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic