Hi, Here Are Some Progress Pics
You may have seen some of these blades in previous pics. Here are some hilts that I have been working on for them. As you can see, there's a lot of work to be done, but they all basically fit and are ready to be shaped, and the grips need to be finished with cord and wrap or burlwood. Scabbards to come.

Thanks and happy holidays :D

Attachment: 145.22 KB
DSCF0008 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 144.27 KB
DSCF0009 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 138.67 KB
DSCF0010 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 154.02 KB
DSCF0011 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 144.61 KB
DSCF0012 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 129.24 KB
DSCF0013 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 134.93 KB
DSCF0014 (Medium).JPG

Attachment: 141.63 KB
DSCF0015 (Medium).JPG

Niiice.
How much do you want for all of them! :lol:
Nice work man.
Sweet! Love your etching work.
outstanding
:cool: john :cool:
wow :!: :!: my heart skipped a beat bro :D i cant believe how my sword is comin together . the hollow ground blade is exactly what i was talking about ouytstanding :cool:
Thanks you guys. The ones with tape and touch up are ready to etch and the big one with the cross still needs tape. The hilts still needs some shaping but are close gotta do grips and scabbards. The huge very curved one is high layer pattern welded steel for the Three Moons sword from the Falcon trilogy by J.M.Roberts. The 300 sword needs some forge work on the fittings and the block of bronze on the tpaed up one is a solid habaki.
You have so many techniques in your bag of tricks, John. It really is inspiring to see the variety of work you do.
Unbelievable. I'm loving the etching pattern you settled on for my sword.
Very intrigued by what appears to be a very interesting kriegsmesser. Is that a speculative project, or is it spoken for?
I *love* the second from the bottom in that first picture!
James Anderson III wrote:
I *love* the second from the bottom in that first picture!
Thanks. That is just one of my "Peacemaker" style blades. I've made lots of those, kind of a mini Zweihander:)
Victor R. wrote:
Very intrigued by what appears to be a very interesting kriegsmesser. Is that a speculative project, or is it spoken for?
Thanks but it is spoken for
Out of this batch, I think I particularly like the overall look of the sword on the top. Very nice proportions. One thing I really like about John's work is the variety of swords he can do. Unusual designs like the "300" style sword really appeal to me.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: