New Downloadable Video from Freelance Academy Press!
Greetings all,

As part of our expansion into other forms of media, we're proud to announce our first downloadable video...Messer Fighting from the Glasgow Fechtbuch, from the Selohaar Fechtschule & Speaking Window Productions, who brought you German Medieval Martial Arts, Volume I: The Poleaxe earlier this year.

[ Linked Image ]

The "Glasgow Fechtbuch" is an early 16th century compendium of German fighting lore from the tradition of Grandmaster Johannes Liechtenauer. Secreted among its diverse treatises is a short, but thorough, anonymous treatise on the messer, a falchion-like weapon popular in German fight books.

This downloadable .zip file contains a 15 minute video (compatible with most computers, iPods, and iPhones) providing an interpretation and instruction for the eleven techniques of the Glasgow messer treatise, plus a 6 page PDF file containing an introduction, transcription, and translation of the treatise.

Here's a great way for the messer fighting enthusiast to spend some Christmas money!

All the best from,

Freelance Academy Press

Last edited by Christian Henry Tobler on Wed 29 Dec, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Purchased and downloading now!

Sweet!
It's truly a fun little treatise Craig. Thanks for your patronage - we hope you enjoy this!

Yours,

Christian
5 min left on the download. Is it ok If I transfer it to DVD for my own personal use?
Hello Moses!

Absolutely - it's yours! So long as people aren't sharing them for free, we're fine with whatever you wish to do.

Thanks for your patronage!

Christian
Thank you. The bit at the end of the video made me smile. Now I have something to look forward to, the Sword, Buckler and Messer dvd! Coming to my home theater soon I hope.
Hello Moses!

Well, we're hard at work on the DVD. I'm hoping we'll have it out in the Feb-March timeframe. We have most of the footage, but there's more voiceover and editing to be done yet.

Take care,

Christian

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: