Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > What's On Your List For 2011? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 
Bryan W.

PostPosted: Fri 28 Oct, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I got an Odinblade in March earlier this year but that was it. Quality over quantity! Big Grin

Have a BKS project which was slated to be done in Spring 2011 but as of yet not really started from my understanding so here's hoping for 2012.

New Odinblades project slated for 2012 Big Grin
Lloyd Winter

PostPosted: Fri 28 Oct, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This was a busy year for me.
A custom pattern welded seax
A custom pattern welded baselard
A couple of Del tin swords
3 Albions. A Gaddhjalt from the Marketplace, a Kingmaker currently being scabbarded by Christian Fletcher and a Yeoman on order.

next year, I'm thinking I really need to get a Cluny and I haven't commissioned anything from Tod for a couple of years now, so i should probably rectify that Happy
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 29 Oct, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
I know I'll get in two custom pieces commissioned in the second half of 2010, one from Tod's Stuff, one from A&A.

Check and check.

Quote:
Beyond that, I'm not sure. I have a little money squirreled away (not enough for a really good sword). I'm pretty much out of room in my display stand, so one purchase might be a jigsaw and a little bit of lumber to add onto it. Any new weapons I buy will just compound the need to add on to the stand.

I've managed to avoid having to do woodwork on my display stand so far, but I'm running out of room/options.

Quote:
But I could use a nice baselard. Books are always an option, too. I want to make sure I have enough for Tobias Capwell's book on English 15th century armour if it comes out in 2011.

Working on a baselard/swiss dagger commission, though it may be 2012 for delivery. I haven't received confirmation from the smith. I have money saved up for Dr. Capwell's book, though we'll see if it's enough now that it will be published in smaller, separate volumes (each with shipping from the UK, no doubt). That looks like 2012 also at this point.

I did get the Mary Rose book and bought Bruhn Hoffmeyer's catalogue of the Christensen collection.

Quote:
So I guess I don't know. Definitely a book or two. Maybe another small item or two, like a dagger or short polearm. Maybe a trip to the doctor if I hurt myself using the power tools to add on to my stand. Happy

So, two books. And two small items (both knives). No short polearm and no trip to the doctor. Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Chuck Russell

Reading list: 46 books

PostPosted: Sat 29 Oct, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

hmmm but i dunno what military rifle to buy next... any help?
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Mon 31 Oct, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Johan Gemvik wrote:
Sean Flynt wrote:
I'm just finishing a Hoplite costume for my son!

Photo please? I'm dying here, a Hoplite armour was my ultimate dream as a kid. Well, that and a medieval great helm. Wink

Attachment: 215.15 KB
hoplite.gif

Attachment: 167.33 KB
hoplite2.gif

-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon 31 Oct, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sean not just cute, it actually looks very good. ( But it is really really cute. Wink Big Grin Cool ).
You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
David Wilson

PostPosted: Mon 31 Oct, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That's freakin' awesome, Sean!!!
David K. Wilson, Jr.
Laird of Glencoe

Now available on Amazon: Franklin Posner's "Suburban Vampire: A Tale of the Human Condition -- With Vampires" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N7Y591
Darryl Aoki

PostPosted: Mon 31 Oct, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Okay, that's just nifty! Well done, Sean!
Sean Flynt

PostPosted: Tue 01 Nov, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks! That was a side-line. What I really need to do is try to fit in one of these projects before the end of the year. Can't decide between the "Catherine" longsword project (right) or the slightly later sidering longsword. I'm tempted to hold out for a big backsword blade for the sidering sword. Anybody got one? Might be able to adapt the CS messer blade for that. Both projects will need LOTS of hilt work and the Catherine sword is meant to be a premium weapon, with good leather if I can afford it, gilded accents, embossing, pommel insert(s), appropriate scabbard and belt....it'll take awhile but it'd be a nice piece to roll out at Christmas, maybe with red leather. Big Grin

Attachment: 215.81 KB
swords.gif

Attachment: 201.32 KB
swords2.gif

-Sean

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
J.D. Crawford

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 01 Nov, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sean Flynt wrote:
Thanks! That was a side-line. What I really need to do is try to fit in one of these projects before the end of the year. Can't decide between the "Catherine" longsword project (right) or the slightly later sidering longsword. I'm tempted to hold out for a big backsword blade for the sidering sword. Anybody got one? Might be able to adapt the CS messer blade for that. Both projects will need LOTS of hilt work and the Catherine sword is meant to be a premium weapon, with good leather if I can afford it, gilded accents, embossing, pommel insert(s), appropriate scabbard and belt....it'll take awhile but it'd be a nice piece to roll out at Christmas, maybe with red leather. Big Grin

That sounds very impressive Sean. What about the imposing round-pommeled longsword on the left of the photos? Have you described that project somehwere else?
Sean Flynt

PostPosted: Tue 01 Nov, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J.D. Crawford wrote:
Sean Flynt wrote:

That sounds very impressive Sean. What about the imposing round-pommeled longsword on the left of the photos? Have you described that project somehwere else?

Yeah, that one is pretty scary, and I think I've found reasonable historical precedent for it. Big Grin http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...=side+ring I would be more likely to finish that one in 2011 if I decide to proceed with that blade. I'll get real friendly with files and grinder but it won't require the fine work of the Catherine sword.

-Sean

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 01 Nov, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:
Matuls arming coat
Italian breast and back with faulds
A&A Spear
So far, that's all

Waiting on two commissions from Arma Bohemia but I have no idea if those will come this year or not.

Sounds like these will get here this year and I'm pretty sure I'll do a set of carbon fiber road wheels and maybe another bike though (also playing with stems, saddles, and pedals). WTF?!

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Matthew G.M. Korenkiewicz

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Tue 01 Nov, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

... if I had the wherewithall I'd commission a Japanese Style Blade from one of our
stateside masters ( financing a true Japanese blade would be outa the question ),
then commission a reccomended polisher, then commission a person to make the
fittings, then commission whoever-or-all-of-them to build the sword from the blade
out ...

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > What's On Your List For 2011?
Page 5 of 5 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: