Regent scabbard - in velvet
Hi All,

A recent commission was for a Regent scabbard in black velvet fitted up with all the required fittings. All the belt fittings are from Tods Foundry, the scabbard fittings are custom made and the scabbard and belts are covered in black velvet and the belt work is lined with black satin.

Here it is and I hope you like it.

Boy do I love the Regent.........

I will also shortly be having a dedicated scabbard section on my Tods Stuff website and I will let you know when it is up along with some other changes.

Tod

Attachment: 204.71 KB
regent in velvet 1.jpg

Attachment: 150.12 KB
regent top.JPG

Attachment: 199.99 KB
regent chape.jpg

I love it, although I think bolder grip colour would suit it better than worn brown one.

Is there any evidence for such scabbard fittings in 15th century? I think it's more of a 14th, early 15th century arrangement, but I could be wrong.
Nice like the velvet cover
Thanks

Blaz Berlec wrote
Quote:
I love it, although I think bolder grip colour would suit it better than worn brown one.

Is there any evidence for such scabbard fittings in 15th century? I think it's more of a 14th, early 15th century arrangement, but I could be wrong.

I would agree about the grip colour, but this is what was requested.

As for the scabbard fittings, as far as I know they were still using scabbard mouths and central hangers as one hanging option, until the demise of the longsword. If I am incorrect in this please let me know so I can correct my work in future.

Regards

Tod
Looks awesome. I agree the grip color wouldn't be my first choice with black and silver fittings, but it still looks great.
Sleek and velvet, black and tan ... reminds me of my Doberman - works for me!

Nice stuff as usual, Tod!
Mark T wrote:
Sleek and velvet, black and tan ... reminds me of my Doberman - works for me!

Nice stuff as usual, Tod!

Just what he said. ;) :D :cool: Makes me look forward to my project Eared dagger even more. ;) :lol:
I really need to stop looking at your threads if I ever want to stop coveting stuff.

One day I will own one of your masterpieces. One day.
Beautiful piece.

How frequently were scabbards covered in velvet or other non-leather coverings? Are there any examples from the late 14th/early 15th centuries in museums?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: