Guide on 15th century Men Clothing
Dear all,

For those of you who are interested in 15th century clothing, the Company of Saynt George is sharing a new clothing guide for men through its website.

You can download it through our blog:

http://www.companie-of-st-george.ch/cms/?q=en...e-released

In a near future it will also be accessible through the regular menu of the website.

Please talk about the guide around you, share it with friends and other enthusiasts, spread the link on other lists and forums as much as you want. I would even encourage you to do so.

I would be happy to read any comments and suggestions.

All the best,

Mathieu
Thank you. That was educational and well put together!

Murphy :cool:
Many thanks to you, the contributors and the Company for publishing this fantastic resource! I'm planning to make and/or commission several articles of clothing based on your advice and patterns. I've enjoyed your Facebook page as well. I often refer to Dragon.It seems you are quite serious about your educational mission and it certainly has helped me understand the material culture of the period. :D
This is brilliant, I wish I had it a month ago before I started making a new doublet, would have led to a bit more confidence (very handy collection of reference images), less swearing and re-adjusting involved (although that does seem to be mandatory :p).
love this already.

hope the rest comes soon.
Love it! Thank you very much, Company of Saint George have always been an inspiration to me and my group (Druščina Zlate ostroge - Company of the Golden spur).
Looks amazing. I looked through it, and it is a great guide for starters and more veteran people. Can't wait for the women edition.
Wonderfully done! I love the line drawings "around" a nude body, showing how these fit and where the seams should be.

Jess
Bram van Diemen wrote:
... Can't wait for the women edition.

Hey, whatever floats your boat!
:lol:
I jest of course. Sorry, 'couldn't resist.

Oh, and yes, I think this guide (and it's sources [I always like being able to back up my choices]) will be of great help when I drift into the 15th/first-quater-16thC.
I still love the 13thC. though.
Speaking of which, does anyone know of any other well researched guides like this? Not just from this period or area either, as it's spurred my interest for the upcoming weekend (Project Doublet 2.0).
The only one I know is this one: http://www.bucks-retinue.org.uk/content/view/15/29/
Ah, cheers Bram.
This one is excellent for a slightly later period (ca. 1509).

http://www.amazon.com/Kings-Servants-Dress-Ac...amp;sr=8-5
What an excellent resource! Now I'm waiting anxiously for the companion volumes on other aspects of the period's dress.
I've downloaded the high resolution version of the clothing guide and sit here awestruck by incredible illustrations, detailed historical references and the straightforward, basic patterns. The number of hours involved researching and producing this document must be incalculable.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: