(spear)Heads Up!
FYI: MRL has their surprisingly good spearhead in the Deal of the Day bin for $22.50. Came within an inch of getting it, but...I already have one! It's a good deal at regular price and amazing at the DOTD price. Good for many different periods, especially as a late 15th/early 16th c. spear. Cheap and easy way to get into polearms and DIY.

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-551-euro-spearhead.aspx
Nice! I've been wanting to get some spear heads for a while. This is a good opportunity.
Thanks for the info! Got some ordered. At this price I won't mind making some actual throwing spears.

Ron
So I tried to order these spear heads on the day of the deal.

The website wouldn't let me order because their shipping calculator can't handle Canadian shipping. I was directed to call to order.

I called, and was told to email because they had to physically weigh the products to calculate shipping and it would take longer than the phone call. I was assured I would get the deal, even if it took them a few days to respond.

I emailed immediately, and got no response.

I emailed again on Dec 17th, and still no answer.

It's not the end of the world, but I'm pretty dissatisfied with my first attempted transaction with MRL, and thought others might want to know.

I suppose I should call them again, but at this point I don't feel like chasing them to become their customer.
Craig just order from Kult of Athena and even if it's a couple of bucks more it worth avoiding the aggravation. ;)

Since you have kids around and sharps are not an option these look good for actual safe practice:

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...Spear+Head

The price seems to be about in the same range you where looking for.

Same but in a sharp but you could blunt it to butter knife and less sharp or rather dull and maybe round the tip for something looking more like a sharp but still not really sharp. Less safe for sparring but better looking for costume use or display:

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...Spear+Head
I probably will end up getting something from KoA as I have always been happy dealing with them. I recently had to return something there and it was handled very smoothly and easily.

I'm not actually in a big hurry for this. It was more of a purchase of opportunity.

I want a few sharp spears for throwing at targets. I'm not sure what I'll use as simulators for throwing at people, but I expect it won't be the steel blunts. Nice to know that they are available though. I'd feel pretty safe having one thrown at me in armour, but spectators and nearby structures might feel differently!

I eventually want to do Gladiatoria fechtbuch style combat, starting with spears, moving on to swords and eventually daggers and grappling. But to practice the spear throwing element, I'd like to use sharps against targets.

thanks for the links!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: