Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Wallace Collection A466 type XVIII Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Christopher B Lellis

PostPosted: Thu 10 Oct, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Did you take those pictures?

When I was there last April I took a bunch of photos with a digital camera but the glare in that building was ruining everything and I couldn't get a detailed up close photo like that.

I need a real camera.
Andy K.

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sadly, it is very difficult indeed to take pictures there, although, admittedly, I'm a poor photographer even when not taking pictures with an iPhone.

These were taken when I had the pleasure to visit the Collection last month. Some of the others did come out better, but it really depended on whether or not the display case faced a window. Unfortunately, one of the exhibit halls was closed (the last one).

Attachment: 97.83 KB
photo 1 3.jpg

Attachment: 104.8 KB
photo 2 3.jpg

Christopher B Lellis

PostPosted: Sun 13 Oct, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Heh, yeah I was standing right there where you are looking at those medieval swords for a while. When I was there last April, that one exhibit was closed as well. Luckily the open exhibits had plenty of armor and weapons so I was satisfied even though the building is not that big, I must have stayed inside for at least 6 hours.

I was in the radisson blue which is within short walking distance from there. I walked all over London and never used the underground or those double decker buses. I'm a guy who works out constantly and runs plenty but I overdid it, my feet were killing me at the end of the day. Next time I'll use the underground Happy
I went to pretty much every major museum, art and historical. Tate Britain was awed me, did you go there?
Andy K.

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

We only had two days in London, so we skipped most of the museums. Did make it to the Tower, but not the Imperial War Museum. The Wallace Collection was a must, mostly owing to people talking about it on these forums (up until a year ago I had never even heard of it).

Spent the next two weeks driving through England, Wales and Scotland looking at castles and the countryside in general. Went to the Isle of Skye (beautiful place beyond description, probably the highlight of the trip) and spent the night there. I toyed with the idea of going by Rob Miller's shop, but decided that it would be inappropriate to bother a person I've only read about (especially since I am not in a position to acquire any of his excellent work at this time). Finished with two days in Edinburgh, that's one gorgeous city.

On a side note, I was pretty impressed with London's Underground, the city is huge and covering long distances on foot gets taxing after a while.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Wallace Collection A466 type XVIII
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: