Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > December at A&A :-) Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 16 Dec, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Thursday the 16th's Christmas Special         Reply with quote

As time runs down and the holiday approaches fast Eek! there is just enough time to drop Santa a note to let him know you really, really are hoping for an Irish Ring Hilt for Christmas. We have sent word that our elves have a few done up and they are ready for him to pick up any time. You of course could by pass the red and green ribbon and purchase it for yourself with this great price Happy

So drop us a note or give a call and we will help you out with a great sword from A&A Inc.

A reminder as well that we have our traditional Christmas Knives on tap for all your Christmas knife needs.

We also have a great price on Ewart Oakeshott's book Sword in Hand. This excellent read is written in his conversational style with great anecdotes. It has been appreciated by scholars of the sword as well as young people with an interest in history.

Happy Holidays to all our great customers!
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 17 Dec, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Our final day of daily Christmas Specials         Reply with quote

Time to start sorting our presents and packing the sleigh, feed the reindeer and put the last bit of sharp on all the edges Eek!

We hope you and yours have a great holiday and it is full of happiness and fun. Take care on Christmas morning that any A&A gifts you get might be sharp.

To finish up our specials we thought back on all the great conversations and emails we have gotten. Our customers are great people and its always fun to talk with them. We are ignoring the comments about us being evil for having the daily specials Wink

So today we decided not one, not two, but Three items on our special. We hope there is something irresistible for you.

Just click on a picture and away we go.

All at a special price and ready to go on the sleigh!

Merry Christmas to all!
Scott Hrouda

Reading list: 87 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 17 Dec, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig,

I really look forward to reading my new copy of Sword In Hand.

Thank you for the impromptu tour of the shop! It was fascinating to watch all the elves hard at work making weapons for all the good little boys and girls in the world. The rack of completed swords was truly a site to behold; all they need now is wrapping paper and a ribbon.

The shelves of daggers, hammers and axes was almost too much to resist, it was like being in a candy store. (That Aunlaz dagger sure fit nice in my hand!)

Regards,

-Scott

...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped. - Sir Bedevere
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Tue 28 Dec, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Pictures will follow eventually, but I had to throw out that the beaded rapier is an amazingly sweet weapon. Possibly on the lighter end of the historical spectrum, but still with enough mass in the blade (particularly at the forte) to hold its own. The point is quick and precise and the sword it is as much a joy to hold as it is to look at.

Funny thing is, I was actually considering commissioning a custom rapier in the near future and this is almost exactly what I was thinking of. Nice little Christmas miracle. Many thanks to all involved in the creation of this beauty. Big Grin

Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jan, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Plus a new item on the Muster Page!         Reply with quote

Craig Johnson wrote:
New Item on the Muster Page!

Merry Axemas!

Just got the axe minutes ago and I'm seriously impressed by the axe and a bit surprised by how light it is.

It weighs 1 lbs 4oz. which is lighter than the Nordland axe which is a bit smaller and this I think because this axe is a dedicated fighting axe where being fast and easy to use without tiring is the priority.

The Nordland is more of a tool axe and can be used as a hammer as well as an axe, it's not very heavy but it wouldn't be as fast.

The edge came in paper cutting sharp or sharper: I haven't tried shaving hair off my arm " YET " but it wouldn't take much effort to make it that sharp.

The angle of the edge means that as well as chopping with the middle part of the edge the top horn could do a tip cut not much different from a thrust at the end of the chopping motion.

The blade of the axe is very thin or much thinner than any axe I have seen or used before.

This is definitely an axe one can use one handed and recover very fast for follow up strikes.

Close in and choking up on the handle or held with one hand close to the head and one at the end of the handle one could use the edge like a sharp knife and the top horn to stab if fighting very close up.

The oval handle makes it easy to be aware of the blade orientation.

Anyway, I seriously recommend buying this axe and you will have a totally different understanding about how agile a fighting axe can and should be rather than a compromise design all purpose tool/fighting axe.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jan, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yup, tried it on my arm and the edge is shaving sharp. Wink Happy Cool
Sean O Stevens

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jan, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Plus a new item on the Muster Page!         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:

Anyway, I seriously recommend buying this axe and you will have a totally different understanding about how agile a fighting axe can and should be rather than a compromise design all purpose tool/fighting axe.

I'd be interested in picking it up... its unique and very attractive looking... and I like what you have to say about it. I think it was a one-off tho... I don't see it on their site anywhere... whats it called, and what did it cost? I could always ask em to make another.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 06 Jan, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Plus a new item on the Muster Page!         Reply with quote

Sean O Stevens wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

I'd be interested in picking it up... its unique and very attractive looking... and I like what you have to say about it. I think it was a one-off tho... I don't see it on their site anywhere... whats it called, and what did it cost? I could always ask em to make another.

It would be here on their customs page: http://www.arms-n-armor.com/custom944.html

The one linked above is not mine, it is subtlety different but the of same type and probably the first one they made.

The one I bought was probably one of similar pattern they decide to make and although not part of the production line they do seem to make pieces similar to the custom ones on request and one can also have it made slightly differently.

I think someone is having one made of the same axe head style but in the Large two handed Danish Axe in size.

Their standard Danish Axe is nice but it doesn't have the slanted edge angle and is not normally edge hardened ( Although edge hardening may be available for a little extra ..... but better to ask Craig directly to be sure: I don't want to give out erroneous information and I'm not 100% sure. Wink ).
http://www.arms-n-armor.com/pole024.html

The hardened edge is a big plus for me and why I bought mine + really liking the angled edge aesthetically and functionally.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > December at A&A :-)
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: