Albion Svante: Custom Sword Scabbard 11-28-10
Greeting's myArmoury community!

I'd like to share my latest scabbard commission for the Albion Svante. This one was a fun project, and I'm thrilled with the outcome, as I had been given the keys of design from the beginning and this one turned out nicely.

Featuring a tan scabbard with 2-tone antiquing with a dark mahogany suspension to match the hilt of the Svante. The suspension is setup in a 2.5 point layout to hug the hip, and is an excellent fit.

I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks, so please feel free to chime in and comment, or if you have any questions!

Thanks for looking.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Beautiful ! Is it full leather, or leather on wood ?
Bernard Delor wrote:
Beautiful ! Is it full leather, or leather on wood ?

Wood core under leather.
Thanks. I've been looking at your web site. Very nice work !
Another fantastic scabbard Brian. Your stuff keeps getting better and better.
Thank you for the compliments.
Truly exquisite! :cool:
Hi Brian,

Beautiful work as always ... I especially like how you've incorporated the 'rain guard' / chappe and the various linesof it and the top of the scabbard. I think we'll be talking again soon!
That's certainly a scabbard worthy to go with that sword.

I love that shade of "tan" that you often use. It is somewhere around the borders of brown, yellow, and gold. It's a great background that makes your work on the leather really stand out.
Roger Hooper wrote:
That's certainly a scabbard worthy to go with that sword.

I love that shade of "tan" that you often use. It is somewhere around the borders of brown, yellow, and gold. It's a great background that makes your work on the leather really stand out.

Thank you. I'm also fond of that color when given the choice, as it does work well with making the tooling stand out really well. I refer to it as my 'golden tan'.
Would it be possible to see the other side of the attachment point on the scabbard, by the mouth? I've always wondered how the two straps attach there.
Jon Wolfe wrote:
Would it be possible to see the other side of the attachment point on the scabbard, by the mouth? I've always wondered how the two straps attach there.

Sure
[ Linked Image ]
Oh, so it attaches to the other running end of the leather that wraps around the scabbard! :surprised: Fantastic, thank you!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: