Burgundian armour
Has anybody have pictures of late 15th century burgundian armour?
Re: Burgundian armour
Bram van Diemen wrote:
Has anybody have pictures of late 15th century burgundian armour?

I don't think there's a lot of surviving pieces. Luckily there is an abundance of artwork - Duchy of Burgundy was the richest land in 15th century Europe. It would be a nice little project, collecting Burgundian images of armour and comparing it's development to German. :-) But for start you can look in Osprey titles about Burgundy.
Tobias capwell gave a lecture about burgundian armours 1 week ago in delft. the best thing to do is to look at the burgundian tapestries and the 11 surviving effigies in england. note there are some monuments in holland that represent what seems to be burgundian style armour too ;)
I'd like to repeat -- tapestries may be one of your best resources. There's one at the Metropolitan Gallery in New York of Titus entering Jerusalem that just has a wealth of depictions.

Here's my picture of it: http://www.armsandarmourforum.com/forum/index...h-century/
I finally found something that fancies me. But has anyone more detailed pictures? It should be a breasplate from the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Or any suggestions on buckles, etc?

Attachment: 97.87 KB
4455201079_dd3752dfc4.jpg

Attachment: 99.81 KB
4455980200_abaafb5f66.jpg

That is almost certainly South German -- most pictorial evidence I've seen of low countries arms and armour shows it looking rather different -- closer to that of England.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: