Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Open Invitation: Ohio/Midwest Albion Round Table II Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next 
Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Tue 07 Sep, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sounds like we have enough pool noodles!!! I would offcially ask everyone to pray for a day with no inclement weather, so we can cut.

I have also been saving milk jugs and 2-liters, so people can cut with their own swords. Mark and a couple others have also been saving these.

Shane might be bringing a japanese blade, so I guess the only cutting material we need to stock up on are engine blocks, gun barrels, and other swords blades, of course WTF?!

Jeff, I really, really hope to have a Squire line there, but I can't promise anything. Albion asked for a wish list, and I have strongly emphasized the desire to have a Squire line sword there. However, it's still just a "wish list" and we have to see what actually arrives on my doorstep. Cross fingers, please....
Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Tue 07 Sep, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:

I have to ask....were you in uniform at the time?

I went one day between hearings, so I bought about 30 noodles wearing a very conservative charcoal gray business suit, starched white shirt, etc. Got a few looks, but nobody asked a thing....weird.
Shane Allee
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 07 Sep, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Bell wrote:

Shane might be bringing a japanese blade, so I guess the only cutting material we need to stock up on are engine blocks, gun barrels, and other swords blades, of course WTF?!

Looks like I've been working on the wrong one if this is the one your interested in seeing.*G*
Still hope I can finished up the La tene, my katana most likely won't be finished though. Very best case would probably be the la tene finished and my katana fully mounted but only polished through the first stone. Now if your problem child acts up too much I might just head straight to the loony bin and be done with it all.

Shane
Jeremy Scott Steimel

PostPosted: Wed 08 Sep, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Any room for some "maybes"? I'd like to make it out, but between things being crazy and finally getting myself back in college, the schedule is a little hectic so it's hard to say if I'll be able to go or not.
Dum spiro, spero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Wed 08 Sep, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jeremy Scott Steimel wrote:
Any room for some "maybes"? I'd like to make it out, but between things being crazy and finally getting myself back in college, the schedule is a little hectic so it's hard to say if I'll be able to go or not.

Sure, just send me your e-mail address at nate-beccy@att.net and I will put you on the list. Sending the address this weekend. Let me know, if you can, by the 19th or so if you think you can come, if you are bringing anybody, etc.

Cheers,

Nate
Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Sat 11 Sep, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Address information has just been sent via e-mail.

If you are one of the confirmed attendees and did *not* receive the e-mail, if probbaly means I don't have your e-mail address or your *correct* e-mail address.

Let me know if I need to send you an e-mail with address info!

Thanks,
Big Grin

Nate
Mark Weldon

PostPosted: Sat 11 Sep, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Regrets         Reply with quote

Cry

I just had a conflict materialize this morning for the 25th, so I will have to miss this one. I was hoping to continue my string of unbroken attendance at the Ohio gatherings. Hope this doesn't affect my "regular" status. I know you'll all have a great time, and I'll look forward to seeing the pictures.

Mark
Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Sat 11 Sep, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Regrets         Reply with quote

Mark Weldon wrote:
Cry

I just had a conflict materialize this morning for the 25th, so I will have to miss this one. I was hoping to continue my string of unbroken attendance at the Ohio gatherings. Hope this doesn't affect my "regular" status. I know you'll all have a great time, and I'll look forward to seeing the pictures.

Mark

Cry

Darn, darn, darn! I think you are still one of the "regulars" but I don't know if this is an official Ohio/Midwest Area Gathering without you!

Well, now that I have a house instead of renting, I plan to at least have a couple more Ohio area Gatherings here from time to time.

You will be missed. Of course, if it develops that there is any way for you to make it, come on down without even hesitating!
Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Sat 11 Sep, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: For the out-of-towners         Reply with quote

For those of you who are out of towners with a long drive:

It might make it worth the drive to make a weekend of your trip and stay in the area.

The Ohio Rennaissance Festival is running, nearby : http://www.renfestival.com/

And also the Cincinnati Celtic Festival is that weekend: http://www.cincinnaticelticfestival.com/

N
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 18 Sep, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Found pool noodles being clearanced at K-Mart for $0.90 each.

Bought them out, which in this case only ended up being 17 noodles. I am going to check some other K-Marts nearby to see if I can scrounge more.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Final Countdown--6 days until Cincinnati Albion Round Table         Reply with quote

Hi folks!

It looks like the weather is good for the Round Table this Saturday, so a little reminder, you should bring gloves for handling swords, insect repellant, and sunscreen as needed.

I have a list of Albion swords that will be there, not everything on the wish list made it--too much being shipped to customers! But we will have:

Gaddhjalt

Gotland

Templar

Prince

Squire

Brescia Spadona

additionally, we will have the privately owned swords on hand to examine:

Regent

Landgraf

Baron

Sovereign

Also, feel free to bring your own swords to cut with, and other cutting media besides pool noodles, if you wish.

On hand to examine and handle will also be some of my personal stuff, like my Manning Imperial Hod Hill sword and Celtic spear, Patrick Barta Celtic pw sword, Al Massey/Jake Powning Athro leafblade, Al Massey/Albion anthro leaf, an HR Replikate custom Celtic spear, some Irish Arms, Del Tin, and MR stuff, a rather ramshackle 15th cent Gothic harness, a couple Celtic helms of various make, and handful of Celtic shields,and small sheaf of spears of various makes, etc, etc. Main focus as always is Albion and their sword line, but there will be plenty to examine and discuss.

Alex, do you think you can make it, and if so, do you need a ride? Joe Fults mentioned that he could bring you down, if you need it.

See you all soon, and any questions feel free to e-mail me or call.

Cheers,
Nate
M. Taylor

PostPosted: Sun 19 Sep, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just wanted to wish everyone a good time next weekend. I've been doing an unusual amout of traveling lately, so I won't be able to make it. Looking forward to the pictures and the comments. Hope I can make it to the next one.

All the best,

Mark

"Only people not able to grow tall from their own efforts and achievements seek to subdue their fellow man."
"Only people not being able to find comfort in their own mind seek to silence others. " - Per Bylund
Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Tue 21 Sep, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Looks like we are going to get a Squire Line Viking as well!

Thanks, Mike, and and Albion shop gang! This will be helpful for people to have an opportunity to see a Squire line sword!
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 22 Sep, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey folks,
I'm looking forward to Saturday's party. I'll be there with my 2 Next Gen's.

Do people want to see my Sovereign with shiny bronze parts or patinated like it is at the moment? It's kind of funky like it is now.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Wed 22 Sep, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Hey folks,

Do people want to see my Sovereign with shiny bronze parts or patinated like it is at the moment? It's kind of funky like it is now.

Either way works fine for me.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Guess who showed up at my door?         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Hey folks,

Well, guess who showed up at my door?

The package of nice sharp and pointies arrived! Big Grin

Nice looking bunch, eh?

We also got several grip colours, as requested. Looks like dark brown, campaign brown, oxblood, red, and of course, black.

As for the Sovereign, I would vote to polish it up. The Prince arrived here with a sort of "patination" that is more like a subdues golden glow rather than shiny, shiny bronze. So one of should likely polish ours up?

If you were going to polish yours later, I would vote to see it shiny. If not, I will contact Mike to see what kind of polish he would have me use as official Albion-approved bronze polish Wink

Attachment: 53.22 KB
Img_1855.jpg

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll shine 'er up. It's purty that way.....
Happy

ChadA

Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Wed 22 Sep, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gang's all here!

The Squire line Viking arrived today. I have to say, it looks a damn fine sword for the "low budget" option of Albion.

Be interested to hear what you all think, on Saturday.

Attachment: 43.27 KB
Img_1864.jpg

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 22 Sep, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The forecast predicts a partly cloudy day, with a high of 77.

Should be beautiful. Happy

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Wed 22 Sep, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Trick will be to see if any of us can cut with the blunt. I've been surprised how well some other blunts I've used previously have cut.

Bresica will be fun to play with too.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Open Invitation: Ohio/Midwest Albion Round Table II
Page 3 of 4 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: