Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Date picked
After getting some responses here and by e-mail, I will set the date as

event date: SEPTEMBER 25, 2004

If this date conflicts with some Major Event, then maybe we will look at October agin. Right now, September 25 looks like the best time.

Can somebody help Cap'n Alex get a ride down, if he needs it? :wtf:

Michael, Shane, be great to have you. Shane, I'm going to shoot you an e-mail after this on a couple other things, not necessarily all Gathering related.

Nate's notes:

* I now have around a 60 noodles for our base stocks. However, if people want to bring a few, I am sure we will use them, judging by the way we burned through them all before! I sure hope it doesn't rain!!!

*I will not be able to directly invite the folks over at Sword Forum International. Those of you who know SFI forumites who would like to be meet up and socialize, could you please inform them through other channels? I would hate for the SFI folks in the area to miss the opportunity to hang out, handle fun swords, and do some cutting.

*Things to bring Everyone should attempt to bring thin cloth or leather gloves, so we can avoid potential rust on Albion's and each other's swords. I forgot mine last time :( Might also be a good idea to wear shoes with good traction, so if you do any cutting, you won't slip or anything. There is a slight grade in my backyard.
Hi Nate,

I think I can do the weekend you've chosen. I'll let someone know if I need
a ride or not. and I'll see if I can bring some pool noodles down as well.

Would it be okay to bring a basket hilt or two down?

SFI. Are we not allowed to talk about this event in any way, shape or
form over there, or is this an email or PM thing only? I'm guessing
that they're seeing this as promoting Albion as opposed to a normal
get together?

Alex
Nathan,

Don't forget at some point some of us will need directions to the location, or at least an address to punch into mapquest.

I'd hate to miss this on the count that I couldn't find the place. ;)

David Kite
ARMA in IN
Nate/Alex,

I can provide ground transport from Columbus to Cincy and back if needed. Looks like I will be driving two of the guys from the ARMA group down as well so I have secured the use of my wife's SUV for the day. As things stand, if I drive Alex since I have to go via Columbus anyway, 4 and gear should be quite comfortable.

Shame about SFI, although I PM'd Mark Weldon over there about this, not sure how often he checks things here.

I second the map/address thing...and we also need to know start time.

Alex, unless Nate/Albion say otherwise I for one would not mind seeing that Evans again. If you feel really generous, getting to kill a pool noodle with it would be quite a privalege. :D
Hi Guys,

A few little items...

Feel free to bring other swords, axes, spears---even armour pieces, etc. I don't mind other stuff being there, the only thing is, I need to do the official Albion talk and show and tell of Albion blades first, and the central focus will be there. After that first part, it's show and tell time, and hanging out. If you want to cut something other than pool noodles, you will *need* to bring your own sword. Right now though, I have only a very few milk jugs and 2-liters.

So Alex, feel free to bring down the basketcases!

About 2 weeks or so before the event I will call for a head-count, and re-contact all people who expressed interest. At that time, for the "definites", I will mail an address out and some brief directions. I will also take a .jpg of the front of our house so people have a visual of which house it is on the street. I have ambitions of trying to use the digicam to photo-document what each major turn looks like, after leaving I-75 or I-71----but this last may or may not prove possible.

I'll get you here, David, no worries! confirmed attendees will also get my phone # and cell # to use the day of, in case people get a bit lost.

About SFI---to notify SFI people who would not ordinarily hear of this event, please use the more discrete means---e-mail etc. I would like the least intrusion onto SFI bandwidth that we can do while still notifying people. If you want to post something related or after-event I would check with SFI admin first.

Nate's notes

*Bugspray. bring or wear some insect repellant if you are bothered by mosquitos. We have them, and I doubt they will be gone by Sept. 25. I will have some Deep woods OFF! on hand, but if you can't use that product, or what have you, I reccommend bringing some...again this is hoping for no rain and a good cutting day.
OK, I see how this works--you guys just like to see me driving long distances :lol: .

Nate, September 25th should work OK for me, I don't have any conflicts I'm aware of.

Joe/Alex, I can also provide transport from Columbus area, since I have to go through it on my way to Cinci. I also have a mini van which can carry several people and their pointies. Also can take people from NE Ohio.

Pool noodles at a reasonable price seem to be scarce in my neck of the woods, so I can't help much there. I will be able to bring a good supply of milk jugs.

I'll check through my books and see if I have any that haven't already been covered by other posters.

Mark
I'm not coming far :), so I'll bring my 3 Oakeshott books (maybe 4-I'm hoping to get Sword in Hand for my birthday, which is the day before the party), my Baron, my Sovereign (it arrives today by UPS), and my VE ballock dagger (since Alex and some others haven't seen it).
Anyone coming through southwest Kansas?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey, a Brescia would be cool too! Ah heck, send everything! ;)

Chad, I've also got a copy of "Sword in Hand" so if you don't have yours by then, I've got it covered.

David Kite
ARMA in IN
All seems to be shaping up well so far, except that my searchs for pool noodles in Marysville have been fruitless. Apparently I wiped the town supply out last time. So off to Columbus to see what I can find I guess.
TIME: I am going to set the time at 2:00 p.m. EST, like Chad did. I think it's a good compromise, not too late but gives some driving time for people coming far distances.

Mark, I'm glad that you saw this, and that you can make it! Can you bring the Migration D again? I promise not to cut the PVC with it this time :confused:

On pool noodles: guys, don't sweat it too much if you can't find many. I already have as many as we did last time, I just don't have more. OTOH, if you want more variety of stuff to cut with personally owned swords, we might want to save the milk jugs and 2-liters. I have made a meager start on that.

I am getting pumped about this!!

If you have not already, can you folks who plan on e-mail me, so I can get your e-mail addys to send directions, etc?

Thanks,

Nate
e-mails
Hi Folks,

Well, I think I have everybody confirmed now who will be confirming.

My address and directions will be sent out the end of next week.

set for Saturday, September 25, 2004, 2:00 p.m. EST.

I have everybody's e-mail, I think, except Michael Smith---do you have an e-mail for me to send to? You can PM or e-mail it to me.

Also, Mark w., I have your work e-mail, it looks like. Is there a better e-mail address to send the directions to?

question: Is everybody coming from North of Cincinnati? I know Chad is not, but otherwise, seems most people will be driving South to Cincy? I won't bother including the directions for South of Cincy if so.

thanks all,

Nate
I'll be coming in I-74. Is that north enough?

David Kite
ARMA in IN
Nate,
You could always include a Mapquest link to your address. Then people can plug in their starting address and get directions.
Chad Arnow wrote:
Nate,
You could always include a Mapquest link to your address. Then people can plug in their starting address and get directions.

That is a good idea, and one of the things I intended to "borrow" from your invitations :)

I did want to know a bit where other folks were coming from, so I can give some more colloquial direcxtions or landmarks as necessary. Mapquest can send folks some oddball ways, at times.

David, I would be interested to see how Mapquest sends you once I send the link next week---if it sends you into the edge of Cincinnati to pick up I-75, you will really want to watch that exit from I-74 to I-75 (that is if you don't already know about that nasty exit)

Also went out today and took pics of the major intersections where people will turn, after leaving the main expressways. I think for most folks it will be more or less straight shot from I-71, with few turns.

:D
Round table
Hey Nate

i will bring my waster. Myself, David, and Joe all know each other , So it should make for an interesting day , am looking forward to this have been looking at the squire line am giving very serious consideration to buying one of these, i just want to handle a few Albion's but have heard many good thing's until this new line couldn't see test cutting meat and mat's with a $700 sword.

We'll see yea the 25th .
I just got back from my local K-Mart where I found noodles on clearance for 90 cents each. I grabbed all they had, which if I counted right was 57. Needless to say, I got a few looks going out the door. If we don't need them for this get together, they'll be available for the future.

Mark
Mark Weldon wrote:
I just got back from my local K-Mart where I found noodles on clearance for 90 cents each. I grabbed all they had, which if I counted right was 57. Needless to say, I got a few looks going out the door. If we don't need them for this get together, they'll be available for the future.

Why did that image make me laugh so much?
Mark Weldon wrote:

Mark

I have to ask....were you in uniform at the time?
No uniform, they do let me have a day off once in a whle :D

Mark
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 2 of 4

Jump to: