Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

that or the first ones! ;)
Hey! You didn't come up with my winning names first, did you? :p

Brian M
The website indicates that they received more than 400 entries. That's at least 28 per sword, though I imagine some got fewer namings than others - probably the Spathas.

I put in 15 names, some pretty good, some kind of odd. At least with the stranger ones, there was small risk of their duplicating someone else's earlier entry.
Roger Hooper wrote:
The website indicates that they received more than 400 entries. That's at least 28 per sword, though I imagine some got fewer namings than others - probably the Spathas.

I put in 15 names, some pretty good, some kind of odd. At least with the stranger ones, there was small risk of their duplicating someone else's earlier entry.

Though when you think about it, 1 in 28 is actually pretty good odds.
Better than a poke in the eye.
I figure the Roman types got less attention, but then again, this board isn't very Roman-oriented. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there interested in them.
I think I had three good ones. Fingers crossed! It would help defray my next purchase, at least. The good thing is, we don't have to wait long to find out, only 'till Sunday.
What was the final count of entries, Howy?

Brian M
I wonder how many duplicates occured in those 400+ entries? They probably got a few Centurian gladii.
Roger Hooper wrote:
I wonder how many duplicates occured in those 400+ entries? They probably got a few Centurian gladii.

Nah...I recommended "Centurio" the actual Latin form of the word. :p
And the winners are:
*drumrolllllllllllllllllllll*
Today's the day right?

-v
Vincent Labolito wrote:
Today's the day right?

-v

The good news and the bad news -- we got so many great entries, and with SwordFest going on this past weekend, we will need more time!

Sometime this week (I hope) we will announce the winning entries -- sorry for the delay!!!

Best,

Howy
If an name was entered did Albion send out confermantion emails? I ask because I just found out my outlook express isn't working and this is after having submitted names.
No e-mails were sent to confirm entries. Winners will be notified by e-mail, and announced on this forum.

Regards,
Brian M
Gaaaa! can't ... stand ... suspense! :D

How's it coming Howie?
Nate C. wrote:
Gaaaa! can't ... stand ... suspense! :D

How's it coming Howie?

Everything has finally been sorted and ready for a final vote -- I hope we can get the voting done today and, if so, announce the winning names before Peter leaves on Wednesday.

Best,

Howy
*DRUMROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL*
[ Linked Image ]
They've sent an email to at least one of the winners!

-v
and you can see the winners here...
http://www.albion-swords.com/sword-contest.htm

Congratulations to the winners and to everyone who submitted entries. It was a very tough decision for each sword, because there were so many excellent entries.

Thanks again -- and we will be having another contest soon...

Best,

Howy
Many thanks to the Albion gang for a unique and entertaining contest! I learned much just in the process of trying to come up with appropriate names. Thanks, also, for the "Honorable Mention" credits toward purchase of a Next Generation sword. Great final choices!
The name of the new Type XIV is.... the Sherriff?

I liked mine (obviously, since I submitted it :)): the Crown Prince. As an off-shoot of the Sovereign, that makes it next in line to the throne.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Page 3 of 6

Jump to: