Go to page Previous  1, 2

Will you be purchasing one of these pieces?
Yes, right away
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Yes, as soon as I can
34%
 34%  [ 21 ]
I would love to. But...
37%
 37%  [ 23 ]
No. I'm not in the market
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
No. I am saving for a high end piece.
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 61

Whoa. I think messers are absolutely rad, and that one looks great. Love the simple but elegant clipped point and false edge. For $275, even a non-collector like me is quite tempted. Excellent looking line, Ben.

Connor
Here is one of the test I did with the cutlass. Two cuts, the pieces stayed in place.
[ Linked Image ]
I also cut (diagonally up, diagonally down, and horizontal)1x1/2 redwood driven into the ground 1" slices at a time off the top.
1/4"x4" solid oak both the thin way and across the thick way to test the shock.
Various plastic containers to see how it handles.
These are the more interesting tests I did several others as well and will post a video of them soon.
I am looking forward to seeing a falchion, possibly 13 to 15th century?
Would people be interested in a Coustille? There is only one on the market, made by Windlass. It is either a really long dagger or a very short sword - sometimes described as a very short Oakeshott Type XIV. The Windlass model has a blade around 17 inches long and 2 inches wide at the base. It probably should be at least .188 inches thick.

I remember the Windlass Coustille sparked a lot of interest. The biggest design problem is that there doesn't seem to be any survivng originals, or even an occurence in a drawing or painting. Does anyone have any data on this type?

Attachment: 52.64 KB
Coustille2.jpg
Windlass Coustille
Roger Hooper wrote:
Would people be interested in a Coustille?

I absolutely would.

Quote:
I remember the Windlass Coustille sparked a lot of interest. The biggest design problem is that there doesn't seem to be any survivng originals, or even an occurence in a drawing or painting. Does anyone have any data on this type?

I'd personally suggest tweaking the design of the blade a bit to better resemble XVI.4 from Records. :)
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: