Video Feat. Henry VIII's foot armour
A nice video overview of two harnesses and how they were used!

http://www.youtube.com/user/RoyalArmouries#p/...PKrAfww79U
Wow!

Thanks for sharing, Sean!
Do want.
The first suit that was probably never used is my single favourite suit of armour in the world, and I just found out that it fits me perfectly.
If someone was designing armour for modern use for the military one could really learn from the articulation and almost complete coverage ! I only wonder if there was plate on the soles of the feet. ;) :lol:

Must have been really hot to wear in period. :eek: ( Modern version used in a powered " HALO " type suit would have a system of controlling heat and removing sweat ).

Oh, space suit would also benefit from studying the articulation.

Going back to history and the clip I really like the beauty of the lighting and quality of the production values.
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

Oh, space suit would also benefit from studying the articulation.

Going back to history and the clip I really like the beauty of the lighting and quality of the production values.

Actually, I'm given to understand that NASA did study the articulation of this armour when designing the early space suits (although that's hearsay).
Craig Shackleton wrote:
Actually, I'm given to understand that NASA did study the articulation of this armour when designing the early space suits (although that's hearsay).
I've heard the same story, although it was MANY years ago and I have no documentation to back it up. A quick search this morning revealed nothing, my search-fu is weak without coffee.

<edit - found it>

The reference is a New York Times article from April 1962 titled Henry, VIII's Armor Studied for Space Suit Clues . They want $3.95 to display the article. :(

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: