Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Podcast- the Sword Geek Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next 
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 14 Oct, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Harry!
Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Then one night, as my car was going backwards through a cornfield at 90mph, I had an epiphany...
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 22 Oct, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sword Geek #3 has just come out and as usual it's informative and extremely entertaining, so go have a listen it's worth it and since it seems to be a weekly thing get into the habit of checking out the most recent one.

Michael's sense of humour and narrative delivery is almost as good as classic Seinfeld in my opinion. Wink Laughing Out Loud ( Now I sort of hope that Michael liked Seinfeld otherwise I guess I just insulted him when my intention was to praise him. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud ).

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 22 Oct, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

No offense taken, Jean! I like a little Seinfeld now and again...
Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Then one night, as my car was going backwards through a cornfield at 90mph, I had an epiphany...
Harry J. Fletcher

Reading list: 44 books

PostPosted: Fri 22 Oct, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Cutting video         Reply with quote

Hi Tinker,

I just wanted you to know that I posted a video of the Great Sword of War cutting tatami. You can see it if you check Tinker Pearce Great Sword of War Cleaving Ability with the link to YouTube in the Historical Arms Talk forum. If I keep this up I am going to have to go work for you as a salesman...hahaha! My wife still hasn't set me up on the podcast yet. She is too busy listening to the English progs on it.

Regards,

Harry

P.S. Pat on the head optional!

To Study The Edge of History
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 23 Oct, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Harry!
I'll have to go and have a look at that.

Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Scott Hrouda

Reading list: 87 books

PostPosted: Sat 23 Oct, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: New Podcast- the Sword Geek         Reply with quote

Michael Pearce wrote:
Ive started a podcast about swords and sword-related subjects called "The Sword Geek." You can find it at http://theswordgeek.com
Give a listen if you care to and let me know what you think; I hope that you will find it entertaining.

I finally found the time to sit down and listen to a podcast (I started with #2). Blush

Your method of presenting the material by clearly explaining fact, debunking fiction and throwing in a little humor was very enjoyable. You have a very good "radio voice", maybe it leads to another career? Wink I found podcast #2 so enjoyable that I can't wait to listen to the others, soon.

P.S. About that ocean front property you have for sale in Arizona...

...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped. - Sir Bedevere
Mike West

PostPosted: Sat 23 Oct, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Quickly becoming one of my favorite 'net shows.         Reply with quote

I'm currently listening to the first episode and, it's quite interesting. This will likely become one of my favorite internet shows, if the first episode in any indication. I do wish you would have used accents of people from your area of the country when imitating the silly sword questions.
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 23 Oct, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Quickly becoming one of my favorite 'net shows.         Reply with quote

Mike West wrote:
I do wish you would have used accents of people from your area of the country when imitating the silly sword questions.

Sorry Mike- No offense intended to those from the southern states; I actually learned to talk in Alabama so I naturally fall into a southern accent whenever I'm trying not to sound like myself. In the future I'll make a conscious effort to 'share the love' and try accents from other places...

Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 29 Oct, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sword GEEK #4 is out. Wink Cool

Is it GEEKY to like the SWORD GEEK too much ......... Razz Sort of being the sword geek's number 1 Fanboy: Informative and entertaining as usual. Big Grin Cool

Teazer quote from the podcast ........
Quote:
" some people are like slinkies "
......... go listen to hear the punch line. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sword Geek #5 is out and some guy called Jean from Montréal ...... I wonder who that could be. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud Asked a question about sword flexibility.

A bit about Japanese Classic Samurai films and bonking on heads.

And a few other things.

From the Podcast Intro:
Quote:
On this weeks show controversy rears it’s ugly head over impacts and motions, pride and prejudice, stuff and nonsense. Also blind men go berserk and swords- and history- get bent.

If you haven't listened to the first 4 Podcasts maybe you should as it's all interesting and entertaining.

Send in your own questions about anything and everything about sword making and blade properties, history and movies related to our interests.
( Podcast e-mail: theswordgeek@gmail.com )

I've sort of taken over bumping this Topic each week and it seems O.K. with Tinker as I asked if it was O.K. with him, but it's my idea and Tinker really really isn't holding something sharp to my throath to force me to do it ....... Razz ( He's out of the room .... quick ..... Help me, HELP ME. Eek! Razz Razz Razz Laughing Out Loud ).

Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

DUDE! I can still read! You are SO in for it now!

Kidding.

Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 05 Nov, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Pearce wrote:
DUDE! I can still read! You are SO in for it now!

Kidding.

Oh, and yes you did answer my questions on the Podcast. Big Grin Cool

I would be more scared if you weren't more tham 3,000 miles away. Razz Laughing Out Loud ( Kidding Cool )

Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The new website is up with more and better features... except that it's broken. The itunes button is not working and attempting to subscribe produces and error message to the effect that the requested content is not available. We're working on this now.
!@#$%&!

Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

OK- we have resubmitted the podcast to iTunes and are awaiting approval... whatever that means. Hopefully said review will occur quickly and we'll all be right back on-track by sometime today. Why changing the website would necessitate re-applying to iTunes I have no idea; the ways of the web are not for the knowing of mere mortals like myself!
Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well it seems to be working now at least for me. Wink Cool

EDITED: Not i-tunes just the regular Safari browser on my MAC, As to i-tunes I have no idea since I don't use it at all so I can't confirm to anyone if it's working.

Eric W. Norenberg

PostPosted: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:

I would be more scared if you weren't more tham 3,000 miles away. Razz Laughing Out Loud ( Kidding Cool )

Barely 2300 miles, Jean. That's a mere 4630 kilometers (double it and add thirty, eh?).

Loving the Podcast, Tinker. Have you considered doing "live" interviews? Maybe get Gus on the show?

How about "on-air" test cutting?
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 13 Nov, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Eric W. Norenberg wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

Barely 2300 miles, Jean. That's a mere 4630 kilometers (double it and add thirty, eh?).

Loving the Podcast, Tinker. Have you considered doing "live" interviews? Maybe get Gus on the show?

How about "on-air" test cutting?

O.K. so I over estimated the distance and if my Transporter coordinates where badly chosen I'm " standing/drowning " 700 miles into the Pacific Ocean or standing on Gilligan's Island or that Island Tom Hanks was stranded on talking to " Wilson " or that stupid " LOST " Island. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud Cool

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Podcast 7 and there is a " bribe/contest " for submitting questions: I could say what the prize is but since this is a teaser to go have a listen that would be counterproductive. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Mon 29 Nov, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Podcast #8 is now out, even if a little late due to Thanksgiving: More interesting questions and answers and the unique Tinker humour. Wink Cool ( That is " Unique " in a good way ).

Even a little Time travel mentioned. Wink Laughing Out Loud

Joel Minturn

PostPosted: Tue 30 Nov, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow up to number 8 already. Surprised I really need to get back to listening to them. *looks around desk* Der left headphones at home again Mad all right tomorrow then

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Podcast- the Sword Geek
Page 2 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: