Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Hartford Antique Arms Show, Oct. 9-10 2010 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Wed 29 Sep, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Hartford Antique Arms Show, Oct. 9-10 2010         Reply with quote

This is probably short notice for many but certainly worth the trip if near and handily scheduled.

http://neaas.org/ or www.hartfordshow.com

Those that had been down to last weekend's Manville event have been considering making the visit. I am, at this point, probably not attending but this year is one any with interests of the antiques should make it if they can.

One thing that came to light in another discussion is that collector and author George Neumann is starting to sell off his collection and plans on sixteen tables of stuff. I really do encourage any considering ot to make it Saturday 9 am to 5 pm, as it is a full day with Sunday just 9 am to 1 pm what will remain on George's table. As some other noted collections have gone to auction after death (Guthman) this really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy at less than auction craziness. For first timers, a chance to see one of the largest antique arms shows in the northeast, with many familiar internet dealers and auction promoters as well as less known collectors and dealers.

For those that have been to the Baltimore show, this one is more like just the one soccer field size but it can still be a hike to do laps.

Cheers

GC

Last edited by Glen A Cleeton on Wed 29 Sep, 2010 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Wed 29 Sep, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am not sure what my schedule will be but I will be attending this year. The Hartford Show is a quality event, and in many ways just a smaller version of the Baltimore Show. I highly recommend attending if only to get a chance to see and handle antiques. It is a 4 hour drive for me and very much worth the effort to go!

A few tables from years past...

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 08 Oct, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd really like to go to this. Alas, I'm nowhere near it.

Rumor has it that George Neumann will be selling off many items at the show. I hope somebody takes photos!

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
William Goodwin

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Sat 09 Oct, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

looks to be a grand event especially with Mr. Neumann having part of his collection there and up for sale.

I have my site's still focused on Baltimore in March , hope I will have saved enough and run across that Philippine Constabulary M1902 the fellow had last time. Also to get to hang with Jonathan H. again this year too...you still coming right?

Talk is George Neumann will be set up at the Baltimore show as well, that's if he still has items remaining from the Hartford show.

cheers,

Bill

Roanoke Sword Guilde

roanokeswordguilde@live.com
"I was born for this" - Joan of Arc

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Hartford Antique Arms Show, Oct. 9-10 2010
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic