Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Good replica of Gjermundbu helmet (Item in EU)Removed Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
J. Kari

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 06 Oct, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: For Sale: Good replica of Gjermundbu helmet (Item in EU)         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Selling a quite accurate copy of a Gjermundbu helmet, original dated at 970 AD , Norway. For more info about Gjermundbu helmet you can read from forums or internet/books.
The helmet is new - it has never been worn/used in battle. It is specially made for live action with steel weapons and headshots for Eastern-Europe fighting style.
The helmet is quite large - just like the original - I will give exact measurements if neccessery. So it has quite the room for padding/leather lining.
It is made from 4 pieces, joined together in so called Spangenhelm construction.
Its made from mild steel , with thickness of 2 mm /14 gauge and on the faceguard its thicker, about 2,5-2,7 mm ( the original has somewhat 3 mm).
It is strong and durable.
The helmet is located inside Europe Union, but I am willing to ship to US aswell, if the buyer likes to pay the shipping that might be quite costly.

Pictures:

Original:

Price: 400 $ + shipping (location Estonia,Eastern-Europe)
I prefer Paypal or ISBN bank transfer.

juhankari@gmail.com for e-mail.

All the best,

Juhan Kari
J. Kari

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 06 Oct, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

As about the maker :
The helmet was made by a russian master, who lives in Moscow , unfortunately I do not know the name of the smith, since I ordered it via my Polish accquaintance, who goes to Russia sometimes. The man doesn`t have a website, but I believe that he is well-known among his region russian reenactors. My apologieses about dissapointing you about the name.

I know that a known-maker makes things more trustworthy, but I hope this wont rule your opinion about it.
The helmet really would stand up in battle with hitting to head heavily - Danish axes etc.

All the best,

Juhan Kari

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Good replica of Gjermundbu helmet (Item in EU)Removed
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic