Stage Combat Katzbalger
I have not posted in awhile and I am trying to get cought up. Here is a budget Katzbalger that we did for the Ohio Ren Fest. I think it came out nice.

I tripple fullered the blade using the "Swatton" method. Gives a hand made look to the piece. The hilt is heated and twisted then formed while hot. The pommel is a fishtail that I ground. I know that I say this a lot, but I would love to do a full blown version of this sword sometime soon. Always had a soft spot for the Katz ever sine I was a kid growing up at the Maryland Ren Fest.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

For more pcitures and info on this sword please see our site http://baltimoreknife.com/shortswords.htm

And as always comments are welcome!

Cheers,

Last edited by Matthew Stagmer on Sat 25 Sep, 2010 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Stagmer,
Well done, that's a tough looking little piece. Would you mind telling us a bit about the "Swatton" method of fullering?
-Eric
Thanks, yea she is a sturdy one. Wood handled one coming up next week. Maybe even horn or antler. We will see. PM sent btw.
Hey Hey not a bad little sword, love the pommel! I never see enough katzbalgers, and stage combat usually means no frills, but yours has a nice combo of twisted hilt and fluted pommel. Awsome

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: