seaxs from Tods Stuff
I have a made a few seaxs recently and really enjoyed making these. I find these interesting knives, partly because there are so few handles and scabbards in existence and partly because the same basic knife form works from 3" long to 23" long.

The picture showing 5 knives has specs as follows.

Top knife has a mono steel blade with fullers and a box handle and bronze furniture. Blade is approx 12"

second from top has a shear steel blade (by Owen Bush), silver and copper twisted inlay, box handle, bronze furniture

small left knife has a monosteel blade with fuller, blackthorn handle and nickle silver furniture.

right hand knife second from bottom has a monosteel blade, bronze furniture, olive handle (well the Vikings got around)

The bottom knife was a comission and has a shear steel and wrought iron blade (Owen Bush) with copper and silver inlay and a blackthorn handle and brass furniture.

I hope you like them

Tod

Attachment: 99.46 KB
simon seax small1.jpg

Attachment: 137.18 KB
simon seax small2.jpg

Attachment: 145.88 KB
simon seax small 3.jpg

Attachment: 136.5 KB
simon sexa small 5.jpg

Attachment: 127.59 KB
seaxs small.jpg

Attachment: 136.27 KB
seaxs small 1.jpg

Very nice as always Leo! I'm of course especially impressed with the sheaths. Did you do all the fittings, rivets etc. yourself?
Amazing inlay. I'm glad to see that being done. I also am pleased to see the differences of size. Seaxes came in so many sizes and I'm glad to see you explore that.
Wow that some excellent work there, love the inlays, keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: