My new rapier
Hi all,

I just wanted to show off my new Darkwood Armory Rapier.

I asked Scott for a rapier fitting for the treatise that I study (Bruchius - 1671), with some (floral) decoration, but usable for fencing and send him some pictures of things I liked. Here's what he made me:

So far, I've been using a Hanwei Cup Hilt, and while that is a fine tool, this darkwood feels a lot better. The balance point is further back, making controlling the blade and tip easier, while the heavier hilt (especially the pommel) give the whole rapier a more solid feel; more authority, which should help in dominating in the bind. The thick ricasso makes the grip used by Bruchius (pinching the ricasso between the thumb and the first finger; no wrapping of fingers around the cross) more comfortable.

I can't wait for my next training on Tuesday!

Last edited by Reinier van Noort on Fri 17 Sep, 2010 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Wow, Renier, I love it! Funny, I've been thinking about commissioning a sword very similar to this for the baroque rapier style, but don't have the money right now. I'm glad to see this pictures of this one!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: