VAF welcomes Tom Leoni as our newest instructor!
Tom Leoni is no stranger in the community of Western Martial Arts. He's already well known for his thorough research methods and rigorous study of the Italian Renaissance Martial Arts. Tom is responsible for the translations and modern publications of the historical fencing masters Fabris, Fiore, Giganti, and most recently Manciolino. Tom's assiduous approach to teaching is well known, having taught the Italian arts internationally at seminars and WMA events all over for more than a decade.

So it is with great pleasure that I, on the behalf of the Virginia Academy of Fencing, welcome Tom Leoni as an official instructor within our Historical Swordsmanship program!
In addition to the quality instruction that Tom brings along with him, VAF also has some other exciting things in the works, but I'm going to be a tease and leave it at that for the moment. More on that soon enough. ;)
Fantastic. Now you all just have to open a school in Winchester, VA! VAF is becoming one stop shopping for all of your historical fencing instruction needs. You have quite a solid program with David, Pam, and Tom. Can't wait to hear what you all have planned.
grand news indeed....now if I were only closer to you folks.......

cheers,

Bill
Congratulations, Tom! Welcome aboard! Speaking from recent experience, I know you are a fantastic instructor and will be a marvelous addition to our program. :)
Yes congratulations Tom and I also wish all you folks would move to my neighbourhood. Or all have seminars walking distance from my house. ;) :lol: :cool: Or I win a lottery and could afford travelling to all the interesting training groups.
Congratulations to Tom and my friends at VAF. This is truly a "match made in Heaven"!

Yours,

Christian
Congratulations to VAF and to Tom. I greatly enjoyed being taught by Tom as an instructor and/or assistant instructor in a few workshops at Pennsic.
Congratulations Tom, it was my pleasure to meet you at Pennsic . I enjoyed our conversation, and I do hope one day to participate in a workshop. Of course Virginia is a bit of a treck, but who knows...
Salut et à la prochaine,
Jean-Carle
Wow! It seems like a great point for living on the "right" coast! Have you considered expanding to the Pacific Northwest? Portland for sure, and maybe even Seattle?
R D Moore wrote:
Have you considered expanding to the Pacific Northwest? Portland for sure, and maybe even Seattle?

That might be a bit too much of a commute to teach at all of those places for me. :) One location is certainly about all I can handle!
Congrats my friends!

Hey R D,

There are Historic Fencing instructors in both Portland and Seattle. PM me if you don't know of them,

Cheers,

David Teague
Thanks David. Academia Duelatoria with Jeff Richardson is local here and Northwest Fencing Academy with Sean Haynes in Eugene are great schools. I wanted to extend a compliment to Bill and Tom. I think that's an awsome combination of talent in one location. If I offended any Northwesterners, it wasn't intentional- old cowboys (Idaho) sometimes are a bit blunt.
Congrats Tom! It's great seeing you around VAF these days.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: