Vote for the Dog Days photo contest winner
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20751&a...4695522012

This link takes you to the Facebook album. Simply "like" your favorite photos and on September 8th we'll count the votes to determine this year's winner!
Is there any way to vote for those who don't have facebook?
Perhaps this is a poor assessment, but it seem's to me the voting can be favored in a direction towards whoever has the most facebook friends. A good chunk of us aren't even members on facebook.
I didn't even know "Liking" was also going to be voting when I went and liked some of the images in that album a week or so ago. But, they certainly deserve the likes and votes, so I'm not going back to cancel them. :)

My absolute favourite is the one with the female Viking (no 23), although the colours are a bit washed out (but even that works for style).
Brian K. wrote:
A good chunk of us aren't even members on facebook.

I am one of them. I don't have a facebook login, and given Zuckerberg's goofy, frequent privacy policy switches I won't any time soon. I hope the swords are exceptional, though apparently a girl is getting the most votes - no surprise there!
The privacy policy thingies aren't really that important if you don't actually _put_ some information into Facebook yourself that you don't want people to know about. As long as it is just your pic and name, it is no more than you are revealing at many forums already.
Though I can't vote (I'm not on Facebook) I absolutely love these photos.

My favorite is the same as Marko's (number 23.)
Very glad you like nr 23. It is my wife on the photo so she will be very happy to here that you liked it :) . I also took nr 21, 22, 24, 25 and 26.

I myself do not use face book so I recon I don't have much of a chance in this contest. But I must say that the two current leaders have some really nice pics :)

/Ville
cat attack
This may be too late, but it's a good shot. My sister in law is into LARP, and her cat seems to object...

Attachment: 55.92 KB
rsz_1img_6089.jpg

I am on facebook, but for some reason it won't let me "like" any of the photos. I would also vote for #23. I think it tells more of a story than the others, and unlike the comment on there, the story speaks to me of a woman defending her home. While I understand the appeal of and appreciate pictures of beautiful women with swords, I like pictures of people competently and realistically handling swords better.
I guess I'm not facebook material. Everytime I try to mark which picture I like, it just shows me who else liked it.
Allen Foster wrote:
I guess I'm not facebook material. Everytime I try to mark which picture I like, it just shows me who else liked it.

I have the same problem :confused:
You have to like CF's page first to like the photos. As for the photos, there are a few really nice ones. Personally, i like the leader best, perhaps also because i know her and train with her. She's actually very competent with a longsword, much better than most i've trained with, and better than i am as well (been trying to catch up for about 3 years now, but she's always a step ahead)... So, what i wanted to say, i guess, was that if she wins, i'm sure the sword will see good use, and be more than just a wallhanger.

My second choice would be the one with the man in the black costume, for some reason. Reminds me of several books all at once. :)

Third one the sword on the book, i like the idea. :)
Thanks, Alen - I finally voted.

My favorite is number 23, the woman with sword and shield, waiting in ambush around the corner of the cabin.

Jean-Carle, I like that sword cat a lot. Enter it next year.
cat attack
Thanks Roger, I'll pass the kind words along to Sylvie, her cat and her picture, but I can vouch on how possessive and aggressive that feline can get. Best, JC
I didn't notice the contest until very recently, but here's my submission. There's probably no chance that I'd get enough votes in time, but why not. I just added it to the Christian Fletcher page a few minutes ago.

[ Linked Image ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: