The armour research society???
So about 6 months ago I ordered a copy of their journal, It never came, and though I protested several times and despite their assurances it still hasn't arrived.

Now I see that their whole website is down. My question is where they were actually a legitimate organization or rather a scam?
They were definitely a legitimate organisation. I think they just attempted to bite off more than they could chew. They had a lot of well known members of the armour community supporting it but it takes alot of time and resources to run such an organisation.
I would suggest contacting Doug Strong if you haven't already

http://talbotsfineaccessories.com/
Dan Howard wrote:
They were definitely a legitimate organisation. I think they just attempted to bite off more than they could chew. They had a lot of well known members of the armour community supporting it but it takes alot of time and resources to run such an organisation.

Good point, Mr. Howard:

I certainly wish that site, and journal were still up and running. It may have helped me alot in my armor research. This is a reason that we should ALL be willing to lend some financial assistance to myArmoury.com. I just found you all! Newbie that I am, I have already learned, but more importantly, I have discovered how little I know. Humbling, yet exciting. Yes?
I have just sent him an email, is the email posted on the website still current?
Check over at the Armour Archive in the 'For Sale' section. He often posts there.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: