Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Should we laugh at ourselves for a change? Our foilables? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Harry J. Fletcher

Reading list: 44 books

PostPosted: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Should we laugh at ourselves for a change? Our foilables?         Reply with quote

Since I have been on myArmoury I have seen a range of names and personalities. Being the mischievous sort I am and loving to have a good laugh at the occasional mundane discussions of picyune points I think the time has come for an another laugh such as the one Michael B. got started on "rocks" or was that me? OOPS! sorry for that but it was Michael B who had the idea. I hope everyone will give me a little latitude to indulge in some good fun with their names and quirks.

I have noticed Jean Thibodeau's penchant for food and since he is French that is understandable. As for me one can say that I am sort of a Dirty Harry type as I like big swords as in Swords of War but have never felt compelled to indulge in the "mine is bigger than yours" ego games sometimes played by the males of our species. Mr. Cha likes cutting and lurks in the background waiting for a chance to get his remarks in a discussion at just the right moment which are relevant I might add, so I have dubbed him Cha Cha.

Patrick Kelly is a power house on swords and should be with thirty years of study under his belt but the fact that he is a cop comes shinning thru like he is waiting to give us a speeding ticket if we get it wrong...sorry Patrick, just my impression.

My first impression of Joe Fults was that he was kind of stuffy and parochial in his thinking but Joe has made some progress in my view...from swords to bicycles. Picture this if you might...a man in suit of armour with a sword in hand racing downhill on a bicycle, now that is our Joe.

Next we have Nathan Robinson who is really an Ok guy because he makes myArmoury what it is a truly delightful site chock full of information and people who are interested in getting the edge on their neighbor and pointing the way forward. I guess that that is not a bad description of Nathan, a truly forward thinking guy, rooted in the past.

The Europeans who are here on myArmoury seem a little mystified by some of the hijinks that go on here sometimes and so stand aloof from some of our craziness. Can't say that I blame them because who knows what bit of craziness will happen next.

Anyway I hope everyone will contribute and poke some fun at somebody but keep it nice and not get your knife in them.

Regards,

Harry

To Study The Edge of History

Last edited by Harry J. Fletcher on Tue 16 Nov, 2010 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sign by the X Mr. Fletcher. Wink
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Sam Gordon Campbell

PostPosted: Sat 13 Nov, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That bloke called Sam Gordon Campbell has a tendancy to talk a lot without saying much.
And from what I know of the guy, he has a habit of buying before trying or thinking; having fun with it, gets bored, then sells it for a quater of the intial buying price!
Bit of a knob, but at least he's enthusiastic.
Big Grin

Edit: Oh and he lives on an island off a big island between the big one and a little one shaped like a shoe.

Member of Australia's Stoccata School of Defence since 2008.
Host of Crash Course HEMA.
Founder of The Van Dieman's Land Stage Gladiators.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat 13 Nov, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

And no Topic I wont post something on no matter how little I know about the specifics of the Topic. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud

Yes about food and being French but that's old stock French Canadian with Norman ancestors ( A great percentage of French Colonists in the 16 th to 18th centuries tended to come mostly from Normandy and Brittany .... oh, the people of Brittany are reputed to being stubborn in France I believe. We still use some old French words in Québec that are no longer used in France today ).

Oh, I also go a bit off topic at times with asides and " did you also know " comments and I like punctuation and like to Capitalize the first letter of weapons and armour for emphasis even if strictly grammatically incorrect.

Also like over-thinking and splitting " hare ", I'm mean hairs. Razz ( Used this same joke a few years ago ).

A perfect Topic for each of us to indulge our most obsessive traits. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud

Oh, and thanks to Nathan for improving the way one can add a quote or underline or BOLDERIZE ones posts by just selecting from the list above: I used to always just type the code in as I never did figure out how to use that feature correctly when the " tags " would appear somewhere else than where ones cursor was at the time. Happy Cool

Did I mention being verbose ......

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Should we laugh at ourselves for a change? Our foilables?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic